Any similari experiences - fluid, not blood, antibiotics and a CT scan ? - Page 3 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any similari experiences - fluid, not blood, antibiotics and a CT scan ? Any similari experiences - fluid, not blood, antibiotics and a CT scan ?

Unread 08-21-2017, 08:09 PM
Re: Any similari experiences - fluid, not blood, antibiotics and a CT scan ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMIA View Post
That is great news!!! Hoping to get clearance in the 31st!!
I will keep my fingers crossed for you, definitely update please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2017, 08:50 AM

So I'll still post here until this is resolved, or maybe this is something new/separate.

I felt fine after getting the all clear. It is probably mental/psychological. But I always did feel fine physically.

I was going to play it by ear about the 4 week follow up appt but I called today and will go in mid-September. I want him to look and either say "great" or "oh no" - lol

I have a new to me thing - watery pink liquid, I'd call it, it's not even discharge, on paper and in the toilet and a tiny bit on my pantyliner. I had it a few times yesterday, once this morning.
Googling says it's normal suture healing, but after having silver nitrate, and antibiotics twice, and a CT scan, ugh, I just want nothing.
So we'll see.
Unread 09-21-2017, 10:30 PM

FYI, my doctor said the fluid was from granulation tissue at the vaginal cuff suture. At 6 weeks I was still healing and at 8 weeks she said it looked good. She put some medicine on the remaining granulation tissue and I think it's gone. I have very little fluid now and what there is may just be vaginal. I have the all clear for sex, which I'm a bit nervous about and have started exercising.
Unread 09-22-2017, 04:37 AM

Well I can't believe I never updated this

Sept 8 was the last day I had any of this fluid, and during all this fluid and healing, I passed 3 stitches.
I actually could have canceled my Sept 13 doctor's appt , I felt so good, but I wanted an internal check for peace of mind.
He said I looked like a totally different person - lol.
Totally healed and healthy, all restrictions lifted, goodbye !

And everything has been great since.
I am walking my dog about a mile every morning. Yesterday I started using the rowing machine again, only 10 mins and slower, not my usual 40 mins.
I have 3 movements that are still difficult (they don't hurt as such) lifting (24 pack of water bottles), pulling the shopping cart (pushing is fine) and pulling my van trunk down to close it.

So it's been 3 months, time to get moving, and living !!!
Unread 09-22-2017, 06:41 AM

Hi Coffee!

Sorry I have not been on the site for a while - IRMA!! It's been crazy. I got clearance for all fun activities on the Wednesday before Irma hit, and needless to say, I haven't had anytime to do anything fun. I've slowly gotten back into exercising - walking the dog and doing light workouts on the treadmill. Still haven't been able to go swimming or boating for lack of time. Everything else is working great though!

Glad to hear your issues have also cleared up. When I think of all we've been through in these past three months it doesn't seem that bad - maybe it's because my pants fit me again?? I really do feel great now - no pain, no bleeding!!

I agree with you 100% - it's time to get back to living our lives.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register