Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff! - Page 3 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE:  Torn cuff! Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff!

Unread 09-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Re: Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff!

I'm really glad to hear your good news! I hope that all goes well in your healing.

Thanks for letting me know. I had the DaVinci procedure, and it is more common with that. I'm grateful to you for sharing your experiences because if something does happen, then I will know that it can be fixed.

Be well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2017, 10:58 PM
Re: Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff!

So very sorry you tore. Ouch! I am glad they could fix it. I hope you are recovering well from surgery and from Irma!
Unread 09-16-2017, 11:01 AM
Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaNative View Post
Hi Ladies-
Just saw my Dr and my cuff is TORN!! Have to have surgery in the morning to fix it. I can't believe this.

OMG. I am so sorrynyour cuff is torn! How are you recovering from fixing that? I have to admit, I am very worried about this when I bet clearance for sex.
Unread 09-19-2017, 03:51 PM

I had a hysterectomy on 12/30 and a torn cuff on 3/25. There was little blood, but lots of body fluids. I had the surgery the next day as the er surgeon wouldn't touch me! The recovery was easier in many ways. But I ended up with a lot of adhesions from the draining fluid, everything lost its lubrication and stuck together. Message me if you want to chat. I've got some very different symptoms now. I hope you're well and pray for a fast recovery with little trouble.
Unread 09-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Please help- it's late and I don't want to disturb my Dr (9/2) UPDATE: Torn cuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurachronister View Post
I had a hysterectomy on 12/30 and a torn cuff on 3/25. There was little blood, but lots of body fluids. I had the surgery the next day as the er surgeon wouldn't touch me! The recovery was easier in many ways. But I ended up with a lot of adhesions from the draining fluid, everything lost its lubrication and stuck together. Message me if you want to chat. I've got some very different symptoms now. I hope you're well and pray for a fast recovery with little trouble.
A torn cuff three months later?? Do you know what caused it?
Unread 09-22-2017, 05:15 PM

I'm in SW FL and had my da Vinci sx on 6/27/17. I just had emergency sx on 9/19/17 for a cuff tear that caused an ovary to prolapse. I'm so scared this could happen again. My Dr prescribed estrace cream daily for 6 weeks to help thicken the vaginal walls.
Unread 09-22-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treads208 View Post
I'm really glad to hear your good news! I hope that all goes well in your healing.

Thanks for letting me know. I had the DaVinci procedure, and it is more common with that. I'm grateful to you for sharing your experiences because if something does happen, then I will know that it can be fixed.

Be well!
Just had my 2 week check up today. Dr said everything appears to be healing well. But for the first time in my life, I was Fearful of that speculum going in! Lol! I'm going back again in 4 weeks for her to take a peek at it again. She's just shocked that this happened and keeps going over my case in her mind, like she feels like she did something wrong or missed something. I had to reassure her that I am one for defying odds and that I always seem to be the exception when it comes to medical issues. Lol! I wish I could use my odd-defying powers to win the lottery! Haha!!
And the fix has been sooooo much easier than the original surgery! Like by day 2, I had forgotten all about it. Granted, a huge hurricane was headed for me so I was a bit distracted, but pain wise it was so minor.
Unread 09-22-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmglover83 View Post
I'm in SW FL and had my da Vinci sx on 6/27/17. I just had emergency sx on 9/19/17 for a cuff tear that caused an ovary to prolapse. I'm so scared this could happen again. My Dr prescribed estrace cream daily for 6 weeks to help thicken the vaginal walls.
Yikes, Mama! That's awful! Sorry you've had to deal with extra surgery too. Hopefully the fix and the cream will do the trick. Just be careful, go slow, and follow our instincts when it comes to being ready for sex again. I, myself, have decided to just hang it up for the rest of 2017 and start anew in 2018. Lol!! But I'm not married and my BF and I just ended things, so I have the luxury of making that choice. Haha! Best of luck, Sweetie! I hope everything is perfect from here on out!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register