A year has passed still no energy | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A year has passed still no energy A year has passed still no energy

Unread 09-21-2017, 10:18 AM
A year has passed still no energy

I had total hysterectomy not on any hrt (doc said i have enough in my fat storage) i dont have hot flashes but i have insomnia, ringing noise in ear, upper body weight gain (was already overweight) still just as miserable a year later. Ongoing swelling to right lower leg, ankle and foot (doc said because of obesity) i tried estrogen oral, progesterone cream and prempro only for short time because it causes worsening of swelling. Will i ever feel better, sleep better, lose any weight. Miserable and my doc blames it all on obesity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2017, 10:38 AM

Have you tried to become more physically active? They say that helps. I'm only 8 weeks out, but plan to work with a personal trainer after I'm about 12 weeks out. What about swimming if regular exercise is hard due to your obesity? I'm obese too, but gonna fight it tooth and nail. If I could JUST leave sugar alone, UGH!
Unread 09-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Re: A year has passed still no energy

I’m really sorry to hear you are feeling so horrible. Yuck.

Feeling better, sleeping better and losing weight may absolutely require you to get serious about your food consumption and exercise.

After my hysterectomy, it was much easier than before to gain weight. I had to be really honest about the “just one” and licks and bites and extra servings I was taking, as well as the value of the food I was eating. I had to get really serious about moving more and sitting less. Extra weight is really hard on our bodies.

I wish you the best. You are worth the work and effort to enable you to live your best life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2017, 07:51 PM

Those advising exercise are correct. If its not something you're used to you could start out slow and work your way up. Give yourself small goals to start ie: power walk five blocks etc. Add to it after a week or two. Once you get on a consistent exercise schedule, you will be amazed at how good you feel and how much energy you have. So much so that you'll want to do it as your body will crave it.

routine, you will
Unread 09-22-2017, 10:03 AM

My fatigue was due to hyperthyroidism. Never had a thyroid issue before tah/bso . Now I will be on medication forever.
Unread 09-22-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethwku View Post
My fatigue was due to hyperthyroidism. Never had a thyroid issue before tah/bso . Now I will be on medication forever.
I will be on medication forever, too! For an all together different reason, though.

Being on meds doesn’t mean you can’t do the work. Have you thought about whether or not you may be depressed? It sounds to me like you feel really defeated, and that’s not goo. You might want to talk to your doctor.
Unread 09-22-2017, 11:19 PM

Drs tend to give us only bits & pieces of info.. So this hysterectomy can be over whelming. Its really a big change & to combat the sooo many issues really takes a different approach/mindset. That may take time-I get it!

Despite me knowing what I should be doing, life being so busy brought me on a path (post op) of all these symptoms-body aches, insomnia, fatigue, bloating & it was like I was hit w weight gain every week! (Despite being active). Reduced hormones contributed to all the weight going to my midsection.

I 1st decided limit sodium to 1500 mg day. Read every label. Just watching sodium alone I lost weight. Then watch the sugar-read every label.

For breakfast i have greek yogurt w almonds & blueberries, or bran cereal w 2% milk or almond or soy milk or Oatmeal, egg or frittata.

I eat snack-greek yogurt-read label (low sodium & sugar) w blueberries or Granny Smith apples w almond butter. Almonds, pumpkin seeds are my go to snacks. Lots of water. Coffee or tea.

Lunch & Dinner- turkey burgers, black bean burgers-I prepare my own. Salmon, salmon burgers, chicken. Lots of different salads, measure dressing or prepare at home.

I also eat wheat pasta w marinara & turkey meatballs. Indian chicken curries w brown basmati rice, vegetarian dishes.

I incorporate more vegetarian into my diet. I do prepare vegan dishes & dessert when I want something else. Now & then 1/2 c ice cream.

What over stimulates hormones? Beef, fat, milk, butter, etc. So realky limit. Also stimulated by processed foods-carbs w white flour-cake, bread, pasta, rice, potato. Omit those. ..So opt for whole grain breads, cereal, wheat or veggie pasta & brown rice. Portion control, I weigh & measure.

Probiotics, magnesium help w digestion. Meditation is good.

I started exercising on exercise bike, just the idea is to be constant & build up. I added cardio w the bike & light weights & have increased weights.. If you need to break it up is OK. I worked out building up to 1 hour a day & Ive worked up to 1 1/2 hrs. Ive lost over 25 lbs with these modifications & I dont feel deprived.

Id suggest having your Dr 1st check hormones, C-peptide, glucose, A1C & thyroid.

If I can be of further help, lmk..

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register