Depressed | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Depressed

Hi,
Just a brief reveiw of my situation. I was scheduled to have LAVH on Aug 11th but had to reschedule do to insurance issues, that I only found that out about on the 8th. I had everything ready at that point except a bag packed. I had done things around the house that I felt "needed" done before I went for surgery. Of course my nerves were a wreck and when I got the news it had to be cancelled I was devistated. Now I am 6 days from surgery and feeling really depressed, not willing to prepare anything (childcare, cleaning, NOTHING!) because I feel like it was a wasted effort before. Has anyone else went through feeling depressed before surgery? I just don't know how I should be feeling right now. I know people need to know ahead of time what I might need them to do, like getting my son from school and getting me home from hospital, but I have no desire to "plan" anything! I have alot of confidence in my Dr and he really went the extra mile to get things moving for me again and getting me rescheduled, so I don't really "fear" the surgery. I just feel like this has all been a horrible rollercoaster ride and I am ready to get off. Of course I am one of the "lucky" ladies that has a husband that is so "matcho" and says..."we will deal with it when it happens"....not the right attitude right now!!!
ANY advise would be appriciated!!
My motto: I plan God laughs...so why plan!!!
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Depressed

I hear everything you are saying....you get prepared and then cancelled. That's a drag but guess what; it wasn't meant to be!!!! Now, you CAN regroup and only consider one hour at a time. Do something small, like childcare; wait a while and move on to something else. You deserve to feel the way you feel. My surgery (TAH) is this Friday and I'm trying to hold it together. I feel this---no matter what happens I have the power to choose how I will feel about it. Keep your chin up, it's going to be okay. Hugs.
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Depressed

Quick question---I see you are in Lebanon; I'm in Chambersburg. Traveling to <> for the TAH. Where is your surgery? Also, I'm 57 and never had major surgery. You sound young and this pothole you are experiencing is probably going to go away. You are also lucky to have a husband and make sure you let him "carry the load" while you concentrate on YOU!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Depressed

The same thing happened to me. My surgery was cancelled the day that it was supposed to happen. I was all ready for it, I was changed, had an IV in me and was just waiting on a stretcher in the hospital. Then, BAM! So many DR's & nurses ran by me. I was supposed to already be in the operating room. There was a terrible accident and all of the operating rooms were being used b/c of it. Fortunately my surgery was scheduled for the following week. I too was feeling like you are now. I was so prepared and worried soooo much prior to that day, that waiting another week seemed impossible. But I did it by keeping myself busy. I do a lot of crafts so that took up a lot of my time. It was also around Christmas time so I went out shopping to buy a few extra things. There's nothing like shopping to get your mind off of things. Just keep your mind busy with things that you like to do.
Take Care!
Angels Love
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Depressed

Phoenix22 I appriciate all the nice feedback. I really hate this feeling. I told my mom last night life has been to crazy to make plans, can't tell her how down I am, and she said "aren't you glad you are busy" when I replied with I just wish it would slow down a little, she replied with I will remind you of that next week. Sometimes I wish I could just be me around people and not hide what is going on inside...but sometimes you just feel like nobody understands!!
Kat
Unread 08-21-2008, 12:19 AM
Depressed

We all do understand. Just some people are uncomfortable with what you're going through. Remember that you're #1 and need to take care of yourself. Do what needs to be done for you only. Ask your husband to take care of the rest for you. I know how you feel. I like to be super prepared and don't like surprises in my plans. Do what you can and hopefully your hubbie can take care of the rest. You will need him and your rest when you come home from the hospital.
Angels Love

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register