Emotionally level after oophorectomy plus HRT? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Emotionally level after oophorectomy plus HRT? Emotionally level after oophorectomy plus HRT?

Unread 08-21-2008, 04:08 AM
Emotionally level after oophorectomy plus HRT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stodd
Hi Azalea-

We have a lot in common! Glad to hear you're doing well.

HI...We really do have alot in common. I hope I continue as well as you, since you are almost at one year. By the way, at 10 months, is libido still there???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2008, 08:35 AM

I'm so glad someone else feels the same way. I'm leaving in 30 min. to see my doc before my surgery next Tuesday. I'm praying I won't forget to ask any pertinent questions -- I have so many! I woke up this morning thinking, "Well, I'm going to emphasize all my concerns to my doc and trust that God will give her the wisdom and discernment to do whatever will make make me healthier, emotionally and physically -- essentially, whole." I'll touch base afterward ...
Unread 08-21-2008, 12:24 PM

This is what I dread more than the surgery..the recovery and trying to find what is right for me. What is the norm? I was told I'll leave the OR with patch..what if I don't like the patch or it doesn't like me? What's next, pill? shot? And to make matters worse, my husband has the kids convinced that when I come home I'll be a moster.
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:11 PM

Hi, question_box. I just noticed your surgery date is the same as mine, Aug. 26. I just got back from my consultation with my doctor, and she said she plans on removing only my uterus, but should there be other "severe" problems, she will use her judgment. I asked her if she had to remove my ovaries would she give me a patch or something to regulate my hormones right afterward, and she said she would not until the next morning. Like you, I'm concerned more about the hormones than anything else as I already have mood swings with my monthly cycles. I can't imagine feeling worse than I sometimes do! This is what has given me peace: I know God wants me to be healthy, and I believe that He will use this surgery and my doctor to gift me with better health -- wholeness! -- than before. Like my husband said, "Kathy, if you've got tumors on your uterus and cysts on your ovaries -- that can't be good." That put things in better perspective for me -- at least today.--
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:07 PM

I was an emotional mess prior to surgery, and I have been MUCH better since my LSH/BSO. It did take almost 6 months for me to realize that, though.... probably because I also took Lupron.

Brenda
Unread 08-22-2008, 05:51 AM
thanks brenda

loved reading your words of encouragement, brenda! could you translate what the initials mean in terms of what kind of hysterectomy you had? i'm still not familiar with all the alphabet soup!)- (I could use a tutorial.)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register