6 months post-op today!! Update... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 months post-op today!! Update... 6 months post-op today!! Update...

Unread 11-14-2008, 09:29 PM
6 months post-op today!! Update...

Hello, Hystersisters!

It's been a while since I wrote something here. Six months today and I feel great. God has truly blessed me to be alive and kicking. The only thing is I'm disappointed about my tummy. It's still swollen. I must admit' I'm a little jealous of Southernspice. Girl, did you really lose 11 pounds with a diuretic and some Motrin?! If so, Im getting to a drugstore ASAP! I've found that if I do too much, my tummy swells even more, so I've been afraid to really exercise like I did before my surgery (aerobics, bellydancing, power yoga). But I'm sick of waiting to lose this belly and the extra 10 pounds I've gained. My eating habits haven't changed, so it's not like I'm pigging out. I'm open for any advice you ladies can offer.

Southernspice...you go, Girl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2008, 07:36 AM
6 month anniversary

I had my 6 month anniversary this week. It hasn't been that bad. I haven't lost any weight, but I really haven't been trying too hard. Could stand to lose 20 or more pounds. As far as exercising, I do walk on the treadmill, but since my surgery was for a prolapse, I am still scared to do too much. I noticed around my four month time frame that it felt like I had another prolapse, maybe of the bladder. I had been doing alot around the house, painting and cleaning, so I think that I had overdid it. I took it easy for a few days and all seems well now, but I'm still leery of doing anything that jars, such as jogging, jumping in aerobics, etc. Anybody else have this problem. Other than that, I feel great. I had already stopped my periods before my surgery, but the feeling of no pressure below is great. I know that the 1st year is a healing time, so maybe the next 6 months will bring about the weight loss that I want. Hopefully. The surgery was worth it.
Unread 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
6 months last week

Hi all,

I was six months last week. I was unable to post because I had another surgery scheduled the day before my anniversary. It was not gynecologic fortunately-I had a subtotal peforation of my eardrum that had to be repaired. So despite the fact that I am currently miserable, I am happy to say that NONE of my symptoms are due to my hysterectomy.

My surgery was a glowing success. At my 6 week checkup I needed a little bit of scar tissue cauterized. That did hurt a bit. I took some painkillers and went back to work unprepared for the rush of blood that followed a few hours later. (I was standing up when it happened thinking, 'That doesn't feel right.')

After that I just had to deal with tiredness for about 3-4 months. I didn't even have any period symptoms (still have ovaries) until Sept. (4 mos). Then (and now) I just have 1-2 days of very mild cramps, achiness, headaches. Basically just like my PMS pre-hyst before things would get really bad. Then, that's it! I'm back to normal. So if that is the worst that I can complain about I feel pretty fortunate.

I did gain weight. About 10 lbs. I really have not put forth any effort to take it off. I have been flirting with walking but I have really been taking it easy. I just felt like I would deal with it after 6 mos. While I don't like the extra weight, I don't regret taking it easy. I'd rather recover well and feel really confident about really going at it exercise-wise vs. worrying about causing injury. With my new surgery it looks like I will have to wait a bit longer :-(

But on the whole I have no regrets. I have been feeling great and I feel like I have my life back. My period no longer controls me! Yay us!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register