Hyst scheduled for 7/26 - words of wisdom? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst scheduled for 7/26 - words of wisdom? Hyst scheduled for 7/26 - words of wisdom?

Unread 07-20-2013, 07:27 PM
Hyst scheduled for 7/26 - words of wisdom?

I'm scheduled to have my uterus removed with the robotic assisted surgery. Had myomectomy 8 yrs ago but fibroids came back with a vengeance. It was a tough decision to make as I don't have kids... But the pain, pressure and all is too much and need to get them out...

Any words os wisdom? I'm ready now that I made the decision... But the waiting now ....

Thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Re: Hyst scheduled for 7/26 - words of wisdom?

I know these sound cliche and when I read them, I said yeah right - but the waiting is the hardest part and nothing that I was worried about before came true.

My personal experience - both are true!!!

My words of advice would be - follow your surgeon's instructions to the letter, if you have any questions - do not be shy - ask them - the doc's and nurses have heard it all and are your advocates - they want you to have the best possible outcome possible.

Listen to your body - if you try to do something and it hurts - stop, readjust and try from a different angle - if it still hurts - stop and ask someone else to do it.

Stock up on chewing gum, water, and stool softener - these, in addition to walking, gets and keeps the intestines and bladder moving smoothly.

You are a woman, you are strong, and you will do great!!!
Unread 07-21-2013, 12:04 AM

Keep busy before surgery. Ask for meds if you are experiencing anxiety that is interfering with your work or relationships. I found that. It helped to talk to a counselor.

I am a big baby and had a hard time getting on top of the pain. Don't feel afraid to ask to stay the night in the hospital and make sure you have two weeks worth of pain meds. The bowel prep is not that bad, use baby wipes and put a dab of baby oil on them before use and you will not get a.sore bum. I brought gourmet individually wrapped cookies and gave them to the hospital staff. I think it made a difference in response time and attitude. Stay off social media while on drugs.....never know what your going to post when your out of it. The hard candy helped with the sore throat after surgery. Loose panties while laying around but if you need to move around use oversize control top to help everything not move around. Walk a lot and h2o as much as you can stand. I did prune juice with stool softener and apple sauce the first day. Took me 3 days to go. Painful, but what a relief. Keep in touch. Sending you strength and health. Aloha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2013, 06:58 AM

Thank you so much paperpusher and hilohiloheather !!! You are very kind ! :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register