'Prickly' Sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

'Prickly' Sex 'Prickly' Sex

Unread 08-31-2014, 07:33 AM
'Prickly' Sex

Well, seems like forever but I/we finally had full sex this morning and ouch, it was very prickly! I'm not sure if it was the stitches or not. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Re: 'Prickly' Sex

Rowan2!
Did you still have stitches present at your last internal exam? If so, that is probably what you're feeling. Usually women seem to post that their DH was being poked/scratched by their stitches, but it makes sense that you may feel that as well. Hopefully that is the cause and those stitches dissolve soon. If you're worried or if it doesn't improve, check in with your doctor.
Unread 08-31-2014, 10:59 AM
'Prickly' Sex

Ughhh I replied to this but it didn't save! Ok I'll try again, this won't be as good as the original but I'll do my best 😉 I don't know if I still have stitches, I was checked at 3 weeks at the hospital, had an internal with gynae and then internal ultrasound and they were present. The prickly pain today certainly felt like stitches, very deep inside, all around. Not one particular area, just deep. My partner did not feel this at all, he did not feel that I was tighter and I was also wet. So, don't think it's abrasions, just very uncomfortable, prickly - sharp prickly is the only way I can describe it. I'm seeing my surgeon on Tuesday, for my check up after surgery, I will ask him about it. I'm concerned and hope it is the stitches. Thank you for replying, it's been troubling me all day x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2014, 11:09 AM

Try not to worry, you'll be seeing your doc soon so hopefully he will have an answer for you!
I'm hoping some women who have experienced this will chime in and give you some reassurance.
Unread 08-31-2014, 11:14 AM

First time for us yesterday in 6weeks and feels like it was before maybe even better no discomfort at all........! I had a TAH on the 22/07
Unread 08-31-2014, 01:04 PM

You don't say what type of surgery you had, but could it possibly be the muscles and/or tissues being used that had sat idol since before surgery? Just a thought. I know when I stretch areas for the first couple times it will feel weird.
Unread 08-31-2014, 01:47 PM
'Prickly' Sex

I had TLH - I don't think it's idol tissues. I've had quite a bit of gynae surgery over the past 18 months. I've had quite a bit of first time post surgery sex. The other procedures I've had have not been as extensive as this and although I've experienced kind of 'scratchy' feelings and soreness in the past, I've not felt this prickly sex. It's really really prickly, sharp. it's very uncomfortable
Unread 08-31-2014, 01:59 PM

I would check in with you doctor for his opinion.
Unread 08-31-2014, 02:27 PM
'Prickly' Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteel View Post
I would check in with you doctor for his opinion.
Yes, I will. I'm seeing my gynaecologist/surgeon on Tuesday. I'm a little alarmed that more women have experienced this actually. I hope I haven't caused any damage xxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register