home from the castle | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

home from the castle home from the castle

Unread 04-08-2006, 09:28 PM
home from the castle

Just a note to say I'm alive and home from the hospital.. I am going to be sitting here long as it hurts so bad.
I got at the Hospital at 7:32 and was called back before I even got time to sit down.. and wasn't in the back long before put in the OR when I see Dr <oops! dr's name removed per guidelines> sitting in the corner reading the sports section of the newspaper waiting on (how odd is that normally we wait on them)
SO under I went and next thing I know I woke up in my hospital room. then woke up again to Johnny telling me he was going home for a while which is ok cause I know it had to be boring watching me sleep.
I think he left around 1 pm
I slept most of the day as that pump kept me messed up most of it , Gotta love morphine right?) lol no I itch like crazy on it.
Sorry Andrea I didn't text you I swear I had put your number in my phone and when I went to look last night it was gone.
so anyway nodding off and on all day yesterday. all night last night and at 6:30 AM the Doc came in and wrote the orders to take the cath and I out. and that was about the same time that the AC to my room froze up (ARGH) ok so now I'm cramping, itchy, and hot not a good combo.
I would say the nurse finally came in to do what the doc ordered I got the IV out and the Cath and at that point I told her she was my best friend I mean God the relief of having that cath out was so so great!
I was basically released on one condition. that I went not poop, but pee which seems a whole lot easier than it really is. Apparently my bladder was stuck to a whole bunch of stuff and it was in shock to say the least... Finally got to leave at 2PM and got home by 3
The doc found a Huge uterus, adenomyosis, Fibroids, and some endo..
he said things went off without a hitch I had a few questions to ask him but at 6:30 am on a morphine pump who can think properly.
SO in pain but I am home!!!
Thanks to everyone who gave me good wishes!
OH yea he took Pictures and gave me a copy. they are so cool!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 09:35 PM
home from the castle

I'm glad you're doing well! I hope the pain goes away real soon! Did you have your bladder done as well?
Unread 04-08-2006, 09:37 PM
home from the castle

It's great to see you're home!! I hope your pain eases up and you get all the pampering you deserve. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2006, 09:42 PM
home from the castle

Glad you are home! If you have post op concerns while you are recoverying, check out our Post Op Section! Best wishes to you!
Unread 04-08-2006, 10:02 PM
home from the castle

I'm glad you're home..don't overdo it. Get some rest, and TLC.
How cool of your doctor to take pictures for you..did you ask him to> Was it your camera?
Unread 04-08-2006, 10:35 PM
home from the castle

Good to see your doing ok. get some rest
Unread 04-09-2006, 04:46 AM
home from the castle

home anjildreams

Now is the time to

Hope all goes well for your recovery.

with a
Unread 04-09-2006, 09:04 AM
home from the castle

Welcome come!! Hope you have an uneventful and easy recovery! take care of yourself! Jess
Unread 04-09-2006, 09:19 AM
home from the castle

Glad to hear you are home which is the best place to be to recover, hope all goes well with you. Take care of yourself.....Miss Trixie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register