Orgasm After Hysterectomy - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Orgasm After Hysterectomy Orgasm After Hysterectomy

Unread 08-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Orgasm After Hysterectomy

Hi!

Having a hysterectomy, regardless of how it is performed, is major surgery. As with any surgery, there are potential benefits and risks. So that we each make the best decision for our circumstances, it's important to do our own research to find out what the potential risks are and factor them into making our final decision. There are no guarantees in this. While we hope for the best for everyone, unfortunately not everyone has a happily-ever-after story to tell as is evidenced by the number of members who end up needing support on specialty forums such as The Road Less Traveled, Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy and Pelvic Floor/Bladder Issues. While a hysterectomy can definitely solve some problems, it can also result in problems that weren't present before surgery.

There is no way to predict if you'll be able to orgasm, with or without female ejaculation. Only you can decide if the benefits of surgery outweigh any potential consequences. This isn't meant to scare anyone away from surgery but rather to inform. In all the years I've spent on this site it still makes me sad to read a thread when a member says "No one told me this could happen as a result of having a hysterectomy."

I wish you the best for your surgery and recovery!

s

P. S. - If you do a site search using the term "female ejaculation" as your search term, you can find a few threads on the topic to read.

*Edited to add: There is a Search link in the lavender bar that runs across the the page above the posted messages, or use the Google Search link on the right side of the page and click on the option to search HysterSisters.*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyjenkins
I'm tempted to even cancel the hysterectomy if I lose this!

Does anyone have experience in this, or know of others' outcomes??

If I had that ability ... I dont think I could go ahead with the hysterectomy..
Unread 08-21-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamajessie
If I had that ability ... I dont think I could go ahead with the hysterectomy..
I think any one who really wants to achieve this, can with a bit of practice & patience. There used to be a very good site on it, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. With an awesome partner and one willing to learn with you, anybody could do this.

For me it accidentally happened with my first husband very young. Needless to say he made me feel disgusted by it and I never did it again, until my hubby now took the time with me and told me it was okay. It is so stereotypical for people to scream it is urine, it is the old mindset that women should not enjoy intimacy. Urine, water, chocolate sauce, battery acid who cares if it feels good why shouldn't we enjoy it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2008, 12:52 PM

I knew absolutely *NOTHING* about squirting until it happened by accident one night with my current husband. He's my third (!) and it took me that long to find out I could do this! ...and, of course, he thinks it's just AWESOME!
Unread 08-21-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacyjenkins
I knew absolutely *NOTHING* about squirting until it happened by accident one night with my current husband. He's my third (!) and it took me that long to find out I could do this! ...and, of course, he thinks it's just AWESOME!
It took me a while to achieve it during intercourse and the first time I did....I will never forget the look on my husbands face. If you read some of the history on HS, many women started this after the hysterectomy (which must be scary). I guess finally being pain free, cancer free or whatever brought the hyster on allows some to finally relax and let go. Personally I would encourage every woman out there to give it a go, but this isn't something you go preaching on the street corner lol.

I guess only time will tell, but since this type of orgasm comes from other places than the cervix and uterus I don't see how the surgery could effect it one way or the other.

Really glad you brought this question up, because I would have been way to embarrassed/reserved to have done so. It is one of the things I have worried about for the last three weeks!
Unread 08-21-2008, 02:17 PM

Its important to note that as a hysterectomy is major surgery and the outcome is never guaranteed, if you have the option not to have surgery, I would suggest delaying your surgery until it is absolutely necessary. With over 145,000 members and online for over 10 years, we often see members exchanging one set of medical problems for another set by having a hysterectomy. Make sure you have explored all other options first and know the possible risks.

And as a staff member suggested, reading through other articles and discussions about female ejaculation is encouraged by doing a search here on our site with the correct term.

I am also requesting, as our TOS requires, that we use medically appropriate terms to describe body functions within our PG rating.
Closed Thread

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register