Finding a bedside table | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finding a bedside table Finding a bedside table

Unread 08-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Finding a bedside table

Yes, I have a night stand; but it's really not going to be easy to reach after surgery. I thought about using my little craft table, which would be perfect size. But then I read that a rolling table would be best.
Does anyone have any suggestions where I can find an inexpensive table with wheels? My daughter suggested a skate board attached to my table
I have looked on line, but can't seem to find anything that would really work.
Thanks for any help.
Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Finding a bedside table

Hi Pam;

I know that Target has one for $120.00, but you can also check out craigslist and see if you find one near you. good luck, hope you find what you need. hugs.
Unread 08-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Finding a bedside table

Someone mentions about being able to rent one from a medical supply store on another post. I am planning to check that out tommmorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Finding a bedside table

I have a table that my DD got from Bed Bath and Beyond. It is a lap table with pencil holders. I can raise the table to read in all different positions and there are cutouts for magazines and such. Saw it today for about $30.00.
Unread 08-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Finding a bedside table

You can get simple casters at Home depot and put them on any table legs.
Unread 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Finding a bedside table

I got a table with pull out cubbies for like 20 bucks at freds on wheels and has tile top and when your done it makes for a nice storage table.
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Finding a bedside table

I used a storage cart (plastic with smooth top) 3 drawers were perfect for storing books, video, wet wipes, extra bottles of water, everything I needed to reach easily. I also kept all my meds in the top draw. It was under 20 at Walmart and it is now in my storage closet holding craft supplies for my grand daughter.
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Finding a bedside table

Walgreens has an overbed rolling table for $99. Just go to their site and search for table. It's on page two.

Frankly, I was up in my recliner most of the time during my recovery and not in bed enough to even justify getting an overbed table.
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Finding a bedside table

Thanks everyone. I think I'll look for the storage with the drawers, since it's not something I'll be using for a long time. I will be stuck upstairs most of the time and that's why I was interested. My bathroom is upstairs and we are moving a small frig up there for me too. I'll be home for most of the day, unless one of my kids comes by; so I needed to be close to everything since I won't be able to do the stairs. (I can't even do them now, I'm always tripping on them).
Again, thanks for all the ideas and help.
Pam
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:15 PM
Finding a bedside table

You will be able to do the stairs in about a week and a half maximum, and that is only if having abdominal incision and I think only a vertical one affects to that degree as it restricts leg movement. It is far better to be up and around than laying in bed. It is also good that you appear to be well prepared. Good Luck with it all.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register