How could I have been so stupid? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How could I have been so stupid? How could I have been so stupid?

Unread 08-22-2008, 06:57 AM
How could I have been so stupid?

Hi Beseda…

I know what you mean about sites like that putting big doubts into your head!

While myomectomy can be a very valid option and does the trick for many women, please keep in mind that new fibroids may grow after the surgery and like any surgery there is a potential for other “complications”.

I had an abdominal myomectomy back in 2002 (since we were still attempting to have kids). Unfortunately, like rheqnut, my surgery was pretty extensive and I also have problems with lots of scar tissue and adhesions as a result (various docs also told me that my not taking it easy during recovery may have contributed to adhesion development). I had a very difficult recovery from that surgery (I bet some of that was because I tried to do way too much too soon!) and within a year I was growing more fibroids. Because of the ongoing issues I’ve had with my fibroids, adhesions, cysts and other recent symptoms I’m in the process of getting my TAH/BSO scheduled. While I don’t know what my life will be like after my hyst, after lots of research and thought I know it is definitely the right decision for me (with everything I’ve been through, I wish I would have done it back in 2002 instead of the myomectomy).

But everyone’s situation is different. What is right for some isn’t good for others. So I second what rheqhut said in the last paragraph of her post… and the great comments from others. And I always recommend getting more than one doctor’s opinion.

My thoughts are with you as you decide what’s right for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2008, 09:35 AM
How could I have been so stupid?

Oh, my goodness, dear Sisters! You are all so fantastic for sharing your thoughts and experiences and encouragement!!! Thank you for talking me in off the ledge.

I knew before that I had explored the options and that I had made the right decision but gosh, those militant types sure are aggressive aren't they? Isn't it funny/strange how our heads can know one thing and our hearts think something different? I'm going with my gut (head) on this... my heart is sometimes too sentimental to be trustworthy, lol!

I've said it before and I know I'll be saying it again... the ladies here are the best in the world. Thank you, THANK YOU for your support and encouragement. I hope I can be of help to someone else down the road like you have been for me. Just being among you all is inspiring to me!

I'll be lurking until Sunday night, prolly will stop in to whine about my bowel prep. When I bought the stuff today I asked the tech if it could be drunk over ice and she said yes, the colder the better. Then I asked if adding a shot of Gin would be okay too. Fortunately she knew I was joking!

Seriously, though, thank you for taking time to talk to me. As Paul said in his letter to the Phillippians, "I thank God every time I remember you."

Be blessed,
Beseda

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register