Surgery in two days ~ starting to get nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in two days ~ starting to get nervous Surgery in two days ~ starting to get nervous

Unread 09-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Surgery in two days ~ starting to get nervous

Hi I have my LSH in two days and I'm starting to get nervous. Although I'm ready to get this over with and have some relief the closer it get to that day the more I worry that something is going to go wrong what can I do to easy my mind a little
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Re: Surgery in two days ~ starting to get nervous

Your feelings are very normal. You are having major surgery that is removing an important organ. It is scary to turn yourself over to a group of people. The doctors and nurses will take very good care of you - they don't want anything to happen to you either. They know you are nervous and will help you through this.

In the days before my surgery, I focused on getting things done - like food prepped and put in the freezer, cleaned the house, got things packed for the hospital, yard work, and other chores I knew I could not do after surgery. DH and I also treated ourselves to a real nice meal a couple of days before.

Good luck to you. We will be waiting for you on the other side.
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:22 AM

Yep, you are NORMAL!

I was a complete wreck until the morning of my surgery, then I was super calm on my Big Day! It will be ok! And if it's not ok, then your Sisters are always here for you!

Love from me to you, See you on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2011, 06:59 AM

Thanks for your words of kindness and encouragment . They have helped me alot this morning . I've been up since 5:00 am cleaning, and getting things ready for the big day tomorrow. I am so glad I found this wonderful website, reading all the stories has helped alot. Love to you all and hope everyone the best
Unread 09-29-2011, 07:34 AM

I too am scheduled for tomorrow. I have been increasingly nervous as the big day approached. All of a sudden today I woke up feeling LESS nervous.

For me, a lot of my stress has been related to "getting ready": the housecleaning, laundry, packing, cooking, etc. I want to ensure I put my family in the best position possible to handle my absence. Yesterday I managed to get most of my cleaning done, just a few last minute chores to take care of. So now I feel like I can relax a bit because I have done everything I can.

At this point it feels like it is out of my hands. The time continues to creep closer but there is nothing more I can do. My family will figure out how to cook without me, the cleaning may or may not get done, but everyone will survive.
Unread 09-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Glad to now I share this day with someone, I am also calm today to my surprise everything is done I only have to pack the kids things to take to their grandmother's house so I guess that has alot to do with it. I hope everything goes well for you!!!
Unread 09-29-2011, 09:13 AM

My surgery is tomorrow as well. I am not as nervous as I was 2 weeks ago when my first surgery was cancelled after being fully prepped.
Still anxious so - got up at 5.30 am and been dragging my butt to get things cleaned AGAIN
I have to admit my enthusiasm for cleaning is nothing to like the first time around - been killing time playing tetris games

This time around I already know the routine, well at least up to the point to just before you enter the OR which helps with the jitters.

Wishing everyone an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery.
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:11 PM

Just want to wish you the best and tell you to not stress yourself so much and put it in Gods hands. He will take care of you. I am scheduled to have my lavh on 10-04-11 and am getting everything taken out so I understand what you are going through. Good luck and best wishes!
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:32 PM

Oh, God. I was a nervous wreck, too! You will be fine. Trust me. Just think of how great you'll feel after this is done. No more pain/discomfort.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register