Going Home Day of Surgery? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going Home Day of Surgery? Going Home Day of Surgery?

Unread 11-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Re: Going Home Day of Surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
my surgery is Davinci and with my insurance it is 23 hr observation,I think the 23 hrs starts at post op if im not mistaken, but if complications should arise,all they have to do is contact the insurance company,
I just got the approval from insurance today, 3 weeks to go
I think you are correct, my dr. mentioned about the 23 hours also. So depending when your surgery is, I guess you could stay overnight. I see that our surgery is only a few days apart! How are you feeling? I am nervous and very anxious!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2011, 10:36 PM

My doctor had initially said 23 hours, for an outpatient procedure. I had talked to him at pre-op and said that I was not comfortable leaving that early, and he said that at any time I feel like I shouldn't leave, to let him know, and he would keep me there. My surgery is Thursday =)
Unread 11-08-2011, 11:20 PM

My gyn/onc gave me the option of going home the same day, but I chose to stay that night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 12:08 AM

I must be the odd man out...there was no way I was going to stay the night. Surgery at 7:30, in recovery at 10:30, home by 12:30pm. Not kidding. I heal SO much better at home and didn't require pain meds.
Unread 11-09-2011, 05:59 AM

How am I feeling. Hard to answer that. I want to say, fine, relaxed, ready. That said, I find that I am thinking about it a lot, and very often during the day, so I fear I am fretting - mostly concerned about post op and when I can resume all my regular life. A little concerne about resulting biopsy. There is such a variety of responses on here from sisters who have had the LSH. Some are up and about and feeling amazing in right away, others with great complaints and slow healing - that is probably what gets me wondering the most! Hugs!!! Look for my post after, am hoping t feel like shrinkjamie!!!!
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:12 AM

Hugs for Thursday. Let us know how it goes! We are stronger than we think!
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoodle View Post
How am I feeling. Hard to answer that. I want to say, fine, relaxed, ready. That said, I find that I am thinking about it a lot, and very often during the day, so I fear I am fretting - mostly concerned about post op and when I can resume all my regular life. A little concerne about resulting biopsy. There is such a variety of responses on here from sisters who have had the LSH. Some are up and about and feeling amazing in right away, others with great complaints and slow healing - that is probably what gets me wondering the most! Hugs!!! Look for my post after, am hoping t feel like shrinkjamie!!!!
I agree. Let's hope for a quick recovery! I am thinking about it a lot too and feeling very anxious! I think I am going to drive myself nuts and the surgery is still 3 weeks away from tomorrow! I am nervous about the procedure and what my Dr. will find. So glad I found this site, it truly helps to read all of our sisters stories!! Hugs!!
Unread 11-09-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theycallmev View Post
My doctor had initially said 23 hours, for an outpatient procedure. I had talked to him at pre-op and said that I was not comfortable leaving that early, and he said that at any time I feel like I shouldn't leave, to let him know, and he would keep me there. My surgery is Thursday =)
Good Luck tomorrow!! Wishing you all the best. Let us know how it goes and how you are feeling!!!
Unread 11-12-2011, 12:06 PM

My op was at 7:30 am on Nov 10 and I was DC at 1 am only because I could not bear the noise of men snoring next to me and the observation room machines. I was very scared to leave but needed quiet to sleep. My doc also suggested I could be discharged by 6 pm following surgery, which made me very anxious. I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and was in alot of pain and dehydrated so I had the option of staying. The hospital care was fabulous. My doc even gave me a personal call yesterday and made sure I was managing the pains, loss of appetite and gastritis. I am glad I found this site.
Unread 11-12-2011, 07:33 PM

Please spend the night. It was the best for me. Especially if your insurance company is covering it.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register