Question about DaVinci incisions - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about DaVinci incisions Question about DaVinci incisions

Unread 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Re: Question about DaVinci incisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liloo View Post
Do you mean literally IN it? Ouch! Mine is right above it. I didn't do that much research before I had it. I think that was wise! Lol.....

Yes, literally in it. It's fine, can't even tell anymore and it's only been about 10 weeks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 07:27 PM

Mine is also IN the belly button.

Tomorrow is one week post surgery.
Tonight, the belly button incision was leaking!

Yikes.
Hurts in there too.
No fun.
Unread 11-09-2011, 08:34 PM

I have 5 small incisions from my DvH along with a 6" horizontal incision lower on my abdomen. He made the larger incision to remove my uterus. I thought that incision made it a TAH, too, but my surgeon didn't refer to the surgery as anything other than a DvH.

Four of my 5 small incisions are in a half circle shape across my stomach. There is one above my belly button, but not IN my belly button. The final small incision is somewhat larger and several inches farther away from the others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper West Side View Post
.... He said he is 95% sure he can get the uterus out that way but if not it would be through one of the incisions in my abdomen. I asked how it would fit and he said he could make the incision as big as he needed. But in that case wouldn't it be open surgery...TAH? He never really referred to it that way
Since, as you posted later, "Morcellator will not be used because there might be cancer", I suspect that it does indeed mean TAH.

I'll be rooting for you!
Unread 11-09-2011, 11:48 PM

Mine was in the belly button too... I have a deep belly button so it looks the same to me...
I never had any pain in the belly button post op and I cleaned it everyday.
Unread 11-10-2011, 03:37 AM

when I had my tubal liagation,they went through the belly button ,I was tender for a few days but that was it,and that was 15 yrs ago,no scar, my Dr drew me a diagram and said there will be 5 incisions, 4 if I can remember correctly 5mm, and 1 that might be 12 mm,that was a month ago that I spoke with him,but I am overweight and have a fat apron( I know, I know)very bad , anyway the Dr plans on tipping me down head towards the floor, (not all the way) for 10 minutes before he starts the procedure, and I started thinking, he says just to check oxogen levels and vitals, but im thinking its to move all my parts out of the way for surgery
Unread 11-10-2011, 08:52 AM

I'm AMAZED how small the incisions are. I never woulda believed it.
Unread 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM

yeah, the size of them are very nice. Can hardly notice them. For someone who has a nice smooth skinned belly they will hardly notice them. For me they will just blend into all my stretch marks. LOL

Mine measure less the 3/4 of an inch each at 3 weeks post op... I figure when they are done healing and turn lighter color that they will all be less than an 1/2 inch wide.
Unread 11-16-2011, 12:30 AM

Due to size and position of my uterus (high, and tipped), my uterus and cervix were removed through the DvH incisions. I have 4. One in my bellybutton (mine is also very deep). They each had one or two stitches in them, and then were covered by steri-strips until my first post-op checkup.

I had a previous lap procedure in 2001, and they also went through my belly button for it. I developed eczema in there afterwards. As long as I clean it regularly, and then apply my eczema med, it's fine. I was concerned about another incision there, and more scarring, but it was not a problem, and I have not had a single problem with ezcema there since my hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. Strange, but I'm not complaining!

Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is smooth.
Unread 11-16-2011, 08:09 AM

Mine are all over the belly button. I have none close to the belly button as I have had 3 surgeries where they went through the bb and I have way too much scar tissue that was removed during the surgery.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register