Anybody have multiple procedures at once? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody have multiple procedures at once? Anybody have multiple procedures at once?

Unread 11-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Anybody have multiple procedures at once?

I'm scheduled to have my Cystocele, Enterocele, and Rectocele repaired, along with a TVT. Having a LSH because of Adenomyosis, and my big, heavy uterus will weigh down my stitch-only(no grafts) repairs. By my count, that's five procedures. I'm concerned my planned 6-week work suspension won't be enough. Anyone have insight as to how long I can expect to be down?
And YES I'm terrified =(

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Re: Anybody have multiple procedures at once?

I'm having surgery for prolapsed uterus, cystocele and rectocele repairs and a mesh repair for urethra, tiny mesh though. My doc said I'm looking at 8 weeks no heavy lifting no housework, vacuuming no bending twisting turning. After 8 weeks watch everything I do healing takes months. I'm going in on Nov28, Mon scared as hell. Wish you well keep me posted as we seem to get comfort from each other. Never had surgery before. Cat
Unread 11-24-2011, 09:45 AM

I am sorry you are dealing with this. Many ladies on this site have had multiple procedures at once - it is not uncommon. Hopefully, they will respond and let you know how it went for them.

(((Hugs)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 10:11 AM

@Cat, I am having almost the same thing done the same day. Just no mesh for me. I also am getting scared as hell, but I trust my Dr. and believe it will be ok and better after. Will be thinking of you. I go in at 9 to hospital and about 10:30 to OR.
Unread 11-24-2011, 11:28 AM

I too am having multiple procedures on 11-28-11. I had a TVH with repairs in 2004. I now am having an abdominal re-do of all of the repairs as they all failed. I am a little worried about the abdominal incision part, ok a lot worried. I go to the castle at 1030. Good Luck and lots of prayers for all of us.
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:10 PM

Dear Cat,
I'll be thinking about you Mon, well wishes and please keep us posted as you are able!
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:14 PM

Thank you marestail. I started searching after I posted, and found lots of other ladies with multiple procedures. Didnt see any very recent though. Hoping it's no worse than what I've planned for
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:17 PM

PrincezDudeStar, glad you found a lady in waiting sharing your surgery date, may you all do well.
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:21 PM

frostylu,
I'm 2 weeks behind you, I'll be praying for you, and please keep us posted so I can glean hope from your progress, as I start my journey
Unread 11-24-2011, 04:35 PM

Hi - I am having the same set of procedures Mon 28th - 8:30 in the OR! I was planning to be back at work after 2 weeks. Good Luck on Monday.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register