Surgery was Tuesday, a few things to keep in mind | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery was Tuesday, a few things to keep in mind Surgery was Tuesday, a few things to keep in mind

Unread 11-24-2011, 01:04 PM
Surgery was Tuesday, a few things to keep in mind

Hey ladies! My surgery was Tuesday morning and I came home yesterday. I thought I'd pop in and add some stuff for advice.

I didn't bring cough drops and I wish I had. My throat was so sore Tuesday night from the surgery. My husband had to go out in the middle of the night and buy some for me. Drink lots of water, that seemed to help. Take advantage if you have the pain pump. I had it and didn't use it enough, I was trying to be "brave". By the time Wednesday morning rolled around, I was in bad pain. Have your questions already written down for your doctor to ask after surgery. There were so many things I wanted to ask Wednesday morning but couldn't think of anything. I'll have to ask at my follow up! By the time they allowed me food instead of liquid, I had no appetite. I brought some V8 and that seemed to help.

So far I'm just really sore and bloated here at home. I'm taking my medicines on the dot, though. I know that helps. Turns out not only did I have a huge fibroid, but I had endometriosis on my bladder. The doctor who attended my doctor during surgery came in to tell me Tuesday night that I had the worst polycystic ovaries he had ever seen and he was certain I would be so much better after surgery I wouldn't need all the meds I currently take for my PCOS. That will be awesome if it's true!

I hope everyone feels as good as I do after their surgeries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Re: Surgery was Tuesday, a few things to keep in mind

Thanks for the advice! Hope you're right as rain in no time!
Unread 11-24-2011, 03:36 PM

You are sooooo right about the sore throat. I had surgery Tuesday also. I didn't even realize they were using a tube until right before surgery. My throat was so painful that when I went to eat my first meal, I choked on every bite because it was too hard to swallow. I asked 3 different nurses for a cough drop and they all said yes but then forgot until I finally sent hubby out to the nurses station to get them! Be ware of the sore throat you will have! Good luck ladies! Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2011, 11:22 PM

Great tip! I didn't think of cough drops! Will definitely pick some up. Thanks!
Unread 11-25-2011, 06:55 AM

Great tips Terrain! I hope your recovery is going great and that you're feeling like yourself soon!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register