Anyone Else Bleed A month Into Lupron Shot?? I'm Freakin Out! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone Else Bleed A month Into Lupron Shot?? I'm Freakin Out! Anyone Else Bleed A month Into Lupron Shot?? I'm Freakin Out!

Unread 11-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Anyone Else Bleed A month Into Lupron Shot?? I'm Freakin Out!

Hello Ladies,

My Dr. is baffled at the fact I'm still having bleeding issues despite Lupron shot. I was given a 3 month dosage on Sept 27th to control bleeding due to 4 fibroids I have. Had the initial bleeding for a few days, side effects of vaginal dryness, itchiness, etc. Then it all tapered off including the bleeding, and i was estatic. THEN all of a sudden (a month into it) ive had heavy bleeding again. Not spotting. Heavy bleeding. It slowed down after 3 days but I am now bleeding off and on. I'm scheduled for hyster on Jan 27, 2012. Im ready to move one...but now I'm worried about this bleeding. Has anyone else experienced this?? Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Sweet T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Re: Anyone Else Bleed A month Into Lupron Shot?? I'm Freakin Out!

Sweet T,

Yep, I had bleeding despite the Lupron shots. I had five one-month shots and didn't completely stop bleeding/spotting. I had heavy bleeding for two months (we were about ready to just go ahead with the hyster at that point) but it slowed to lighter bleeding then down to spotting for the last couple months. Other women have posted about bleeding for a couple months into Lupron shots.

Keep your DR informed. I hope things settle down for you soon.

Unread 11-25-2011, 02:38 PM

Yes, same here! My period arrived on time after a month and the bleeding was very heavy indeed. The second month was just spotting and the third nothing at all. However, my doctor told me to expect this and so I wasn't worried!

As ((Pattypat)) says, though, please keep in touch with your doctor. I'm sending positive thoughts!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2011, 04:18 PM

Whew!

Thanks so much for your responses! It's a relief to hear that it's not just me. I searched the forums for this problem but could only come across ladies who bled when they first received the shot. I'll dig around more in depth now for sure. I fall in love with this sight more and more each time I read or post.

My Dr. is great and I definitely am keeping her in the loop. She's considering rescheduling my surgery to a earlier date due to the bleeding issues. However, I really need to build up my blood/iron count b4 surgery so she has been hesitant. She's really concerned about me...I will be glad when surgery and recovery are finally a thing of the past. Until then, I'm grateful for this website!
Unread 11-25-2011, 04:20 PM

Oh and my Dr. has scheduled a Endometrial Biopsy but is not concerned it's cancer...so I'm not worried about that...however, have either of you had a endometrial biopsy. I've read a few things on it and it doesn't seem to be a walk in the park....

biting my nails over here....hahahaha
Unread 11-25-2011, 05:28 PM

A large precentage if not all women have the biopsy before their hysters. I think it might even be standard. I had one and cancer was never suspected. I was actually on my period when I had mine, which my dr said made it easier. Some women find it very uncomfortable. Mine wasn't so bad. Doc said it was because my cervix was dialated from my period.

Hope all goes well for you!!
Unread 11-25-2011, 06:48 PM

Thanks Marshagolightly,

That puts my mind at ease

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register