Tomorrow | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Tomorrow

I'm getting more and more worried by the min I go in tomorrow morning 715am for my hysterectomy I'm very blessed that I was able to have my first and only son 3 months ago but am so worried I won't come home to him I'm so scared guess I'm just lookin for a little reassurance I feel like ppl in my life don't fully understand how it feels goin into this thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Re: Tomorrow

I'll be going in on the 12th and I've got the same deep (quiet) fears. Unless you're faced with the situation and going thru it personally, there's no way to understand. I can say this... I've been thru different surgeries and have put on a brave face for those around me and made it thru without issue. I'm just praying I can do the same on Friday. This is the first time that I've had deep thoughts like this. I've validated my decision to have my surgery by explaining, to my hubby and boys ages 10 & 13, that I'm in so much pain that I'm willing to go thru the surgery to be a happier Mommie without pain. Even tho your little one is too little to understand... have the same conversation... you'll feel sooooo much better! You want to be happy, healthy, not have to live your life around painful periods or other such circumstances... Get it done now and you'll be running with your little one in no time!! Best of luck tomorrow!! Waiting and thinking is the hardest!
Unread 04-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexa View Post
I'm getting more and more worried by the min I go in tomorrow morning 715am for my hysterectomy I'm very blessed that I was able to have my first and only son 3 months ago but am so worried I won't come home to him I'm so scared guess I'm just lookin for a little reassurance I feel like ppl in my life don't fully understand how it feels goin into this thanks for listening
Icgrace gave you some good advice. You'll be back to hold your little one soon enough. Be careful to follow your doctors restrictions on lifting. I know it will be tough with your little one but take care of yourself - it is important to your recovery.
Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2013, 03:13 PM

I think we all have those same fears leading up to surgery. Know that your hystersisters are thinking about you and praying for you.
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexa View Post
I think everyone going in is a little worried....I was and I had been through 2 other surgeries. I am not 3 days post-op and feeling wonderful! Haven't had a BM yet, but that will come too! You truly will do fine. the nurses I had were so understanding and caring...after all, they were all women and understand completely what's going on! it will be over in no time and you will be recovering!
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:48 PM

It is very normal to have fears but hysterectomies are done a lot, and though there are risks with any surgery, I'm very sure you'll be home and have this behind you before you know it!! Keep us posted. Blessings!!!
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:26 PM

Thank u all so much I've had surgeries before but this is the first since my son was born(c-section) so I think that's where my fear is coming from just the thought of him growing up without me I'm glad to have found support here
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:31 PM

Oh hon you will be okay. all of us get pre surgery jitters. just remember there are trained professionals who do surgery all the time. and the anesthsiologist (spelling wrong) has to be trained to the hilt which the are. just know you will be fine and home to your little one in no time soon.
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:41 PM

Being nervous and scared is normal and understandable. You are going to be okay. I know it's easy for me to say, but you really will. Tomorrow this will be a thing of the past. Trust that your doctor will do the job that he is trained to do. Put it in the Lord's hands sweetie, He's got this and He has you. Focus only on the positives. Try not to worry about what ifs and things that you have no control over. They'll drive you crazy. Don't let them.
Here are two things that may help you:

"Worry does not empty today of its sorrows. It empties today of its strength" Corrie Ten Boom

Be anxious for nothing, but everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philipians 4:6,7

You're going to be okay sweetie. We are al here for you and will be waiting to hear you say "I made it!"

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:26 PM

Jexa-
Of course you are nervous. That is a lot to go through in such a short amount of time! Pregnancy, birth, learning to parent, lack of sleep, hormones, hysterectomy...you have a lot on your plate. You're not alone. We all worry at one time or another about the 'what ifs' & those seem so much larger when you have a little person dependent on you. My babies are 21, 19 & 17. They are all still at home. Our oldest is mentally ill. I can't imagine them losing their mom right now. Heck, I can't imagine losing my 70 something mom right now! She's coming to help me out & that is really calming to me.
Do all that you have time and energy to do before surgery to make you feel better. Think of how much better you will feel for your baby in the coming months!! Good luck and give that little baby lots of loving!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register