anxious at week 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anxious at week 3 anxious at week 3

Unread 05-24-2005, 09:51 AM
anxious at week 3

In two days I will be at 3 weeks post op. Physically, I started feeling better at the end of week 2. Now I feel anxious and a little sad. I just can't figure out what to do with myself. I am on HRT, which seems to be working fine for me. Anybody else feel a little lost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2005, 10:27 AM
anxious at week 3

Lisa, I was the same way although I am not on HRT. I felt like I was losing it big time. Very weepy, anxious and couldnt sleep. I went to see my GP who gave me a prescription for sleeping pills for a few days.

She told me that it was perfectly normal what I was feeling. My body was adjusting to the surgery. Some people react differently to major surgery. I had not had major surgery before. This was a first for me.

I got loads of sleep which helped alot. I also hadn't been eating properly because of lack of appetite. I am 3 weeks post op and feel somewhat better. I have forced myself basically to eat - healthy and I do feel better but each day is different.

Hope this is helpful.

D.
Unread 05-24-2005, 10:30 AM
anxious at week 3

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel. I am going through the same thing right now at 3 and half weeks. The problem is that there is too much time to think. I've started to do the things that I love like watching funny movies and doing crafts and it's helped a bit. Do you have a hobby that you really enjoy? It also helps to talk to your doctor or a good friend about how you're feeling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2005, 10:33 AM
anxious at week 3

Good idea CMC. I found talking to a good friend helps. My GP is a woman who is great to talk to. My GYN/surgeon is a man who is useless but a good surgeon.

Nice to see a fellow Canadian!
Unread 05-24-2005, 10:35 AM
anxious at week 3

Hi Lisa,

We had surgery around the same time. I've been up and down over the last week. I've felt weepy a couple of times, irritable a couple of times, energetic on minute and ready for a nap the next.

For myself, I think several things are contributing. My sleep patterns still are not back to normal. I simply could not get comfortable last night, so was up and down until very late. Part of this is also due to my mild anemia....fatigue and the blues sneak up on me. I get frustrated that I can't be as active as I'd like.....and while my husband and youngest daugher are lovely people....they are gone most of the day and part of the evening. I attended my daughter's high school graduation Friday night and a funeral yesterday morning. These 'outings' left me swollen and very sore.

I think you are wise to eat healthy. That is one thing I've managed to...so far...

You are not alone....on the emotional roller coaster ride..
Unread 05-24-2005, 10:46 AM
anxious at week 3

Believe me you are not alone. I am at 12 wks post op and sometimes I feel very lonely. That's when I sign on and read or respond to posts on this site. I am not taking anything since my hyst; however, at times I have trouble sleeping. I take something to relax me and sometimes it helps, sometimes not. I just keep reminding myself that this is normal and I am not the only woman in the world going through this. Watch movies, read magazines, anything to keep your mind occupied. I was hooked on the Lifetime channel...I am not much of a TV watcher, but I watched those movies day and night during my recovery! Keep your chin up...pretty soon you will be back in the normal routine and wish you had some time to yourself again (even if it is boring!) Get lots of rest and take care of yourself!
Unread 05-24-2005, 10:52 AM
anxious at week 3

Bits, it is awful being unable to sleep. I was feeling restless and my mind was working overtime at night time. Like you I am used to being active and get very frustrated at not being as active, being stuck at home most days. The weather here has been awful, raining all the time. I get out on weekends with my family but sometimes tend to overdo it at those times.

This has not been easy. But in the end I will feel better than I did before the surgery which keeps me going. No more painful periods that last for weeks. That is one thing I am grateful for.
Unread 05-24-2005, 11:00 AM
anxious at week 3

demera,

It's odd, some nights I sleep well and some nights I don't. I guess overdoing things can make ya too tired to sleep...lol
Unread 05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
anxious but better thanks

thank you all, I feel so much better knowing I am not alone. Along with the surgery for me, my very best friend found out she had cancer and within a week had a mastectomy and started chemo right before my operation. My DBF's father is terminally ill, about one hour away from us, and not doing well today. DBF has been sooo wonderful through this whole thing, but does not deal well with tears. DD came for lunch and let me cry on her shoulder. I don't know what I would do if I hadn't found this site, it has gotten me through so many things. I am also having trouble sleeping, and will call dr. about that. thanks for all the tips.
Unread 05-24-2005, 05:05 PM
anxious at week 3

I also had my TAH/BSO on 5/4/05. My DH has been great, but afater the first week had to get back to work. I think I would go nuts if I didn't have someone to talk with. My mother mailed me a phone card with about 700 minutes on it, and my older sister and I have the unlimited "IN" Verizon wireless plan. Most mornings I'm on the phone about 1 1/2 hrs with my mother, then call my sister and talk probably another 1 1/2 hrs. Then of course I check out the Hystersister site once or twice a day for updates! I occasionally get calls from friends as well, but my mother and older sister have been life savers while I'm stuck here. My mother even recharged my card when she thought I was getting low!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register