Home from the Castle... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home from the Castle... Home from the Castle...

Unread 07-12-2005, 12:28 PM
Home from the Castle...

Hey there ladies, I got home from the Castle about an hour ago. My stay was quiet pleasant if I do say myself. The nurses that took care of me were WONDERFUL!! They attended to my every need with no moans or groans about it.

I was wheeled into surgery around 3:30p.m. (an hour and half after my sceduled surgery.) Last thing I remember was them saying, "Ok Melissa, you are getting some stuff in your IV"....and then all of a sudden I hear "Ok Melissa, it's all done". My doctor (he's AWESOME) told me total surgery took 1 hour 15 minutes, and that I was able to keep my ovaries. (Praise God) I kept asking my husband and the nurses if I heard right. (lol) That is one thing I was worried about was having them taken out at the age of 29. My doctor told me I had quiet a bit of scare tissue around them, but he believes he got it all. Before going into surgery I told him that if he thought (in his professional opinion) that I needed them out then that was fine by me. He told me (after showing me some pictures of my ovaries and uterus) that my ovaries were just so perfect he couldn't see taking them out, so he removed my scar tissue. I am praying that the scar tissue doesn't come back anytime soon. We are hoping that once I lose some weight (and I need to lose quiet a bit) that it will help reduce the chances of a lot of scar tissue from coming back. He also showed me (in some of the pics he took in surgery) where my tubal pregnancy was. I could see the whole that had opened up from my tubal ligation. (I was quiet amazed to see it)

I hope that all of y'all who have gone in recently had a safe and speedy recovery. My prayers are out there for all of y'all. Happy recovery to all, and God Bless.

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Home from the Castle...

Hi Melissa,

I'm glad you made it through your surgery and are home. May your recovery continue to be speedy and without complications. don't forget to pamper the Princess and get plenty of rest!

Best wishes!
:
Unread 07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Home from the Castle...

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
GLAD TO SEE YOU HOME
My stay was great also the best nurses around.
Where in Oklahoma are you I am in Fairview
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Home from the Castle...

Home Try to remember to drink your water and walk a little. REST,REST,REST!!! I hope that your recovery goes as well as your castle stay did. God Bless and keep us posted.
Unread 07-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Home from the Castle...

Welcome home Sister! Its good to hear your stay at the castle went well. Now take care and let those around you help! Happy Healing!
Unread 07-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Home from the Castle...

Good job, m'dear! Isn't it nice when things work out well?

We brace ourselves for the worst and hope for the best. In this case, you hit the jackpot!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register