Has Anyone Found Relief From PMDD by TAH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has Anyone Found Relief From PMDD by TAH Has Anyone Found Relief From PMDD by TAH

Unread 01-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Has Anyone Found Relief From PMDD by TAH

I suffered in my 30's with PMS this I could work with.

In had a child at 41 and developed Post Pardum Depression which went away.

Then when my periods started coming back (I also have fibroids that have been removed and returned).

In my 40's the PMDD starts exactly 4 day before my cycle. I am depressed, hopeless among other thing that I would not write in my correct mind. I want a divorce each time and when he says he does not want one that is when I think of terrible thing but only inward towards myself. As soon as I see red the demon leaves my body. I once told my husband back when suffering from PMS that I felt like it was coming on but I was not due for two more weeks, well I started two weeks early.

I used Bio Identical Hormones which supressed my cycle for a year and a half and only had about 3 bouts when the were wearing off.

I was told by my GP that when my progesterone or estrogen falls (not sure which) to tell my body to start my cyle it falls at such a rapid pace the it throws me into PMDD. I will take any physical pain but the mental anquish that is caused my family and myself is too much.

I am scheduled for a full abdominal hysterectomy next Monday. I received my Pellett Hormones (Which I am thankful for as I will not wake up with no hormones) today and after seven years of the worse, 10 of PMS I am actuall settled with my decision..
Has anyone had a good experience with total Hysterectomy for PMDD. I also have heavy bleeding and anemic when not supressing my cycle. I just want it done once and for all. I am 48. I would not have made this decision 10 years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2013, 06:47 AM
Re: Has Anyone Found Relief From PMDD by TAH

Hi there

I am considering a hysterectomy and BSO for PMDD and endometriosis. I am 34 and have no children but my quality of life is not good at the moment.

I know of quite a few people who have had great success after the op. At work at the moment so have to dash .
Unread 02-01-2013, 02:10 PM

Thanks snowcoon.

I have suffered with PMDD almost to the point of ruining my career and family. My surgery is Monday morning.

I totally understand the quality of life being difficult. I am hoping this is the answer.

I wish all the best for you as I understand. If I can answer anything afterward please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2013, 05:39 PM

Hi,
I know exactly how you are feeling, i am now 45 years old, i have suffered with severe pmdd for the past 16 years , as i got older it seemed to be getting worse to the point that i wanted to die as i felt i had no quality of life and was making everyone else's lives a misery due to my severe depression. I have never taken any meds for depression , only natural serratonin and other natural supplements but nothing ever worked for me. I told my doctor that I felt my only way foreword was to have my ovaries removed, the gynaecologist agreed and I had both of my ovaries and tubes removed 18 months ago. The operation went very well , i was also fitted with a merina coil because i am using oestrogen patches , therefore , to protect the uterus from thickening and getting cancer , progesterone needs to be released where it is needed via the coil. Within two months I felt terrible and all of my pmdd symptoms started to come back, ie - mood swings, depression , swollen painful breasts and no sex drive what so ever. I arranged to see my gyny and it turns out that my body cannot tolerate progesterone in any form. I had the coil removed and within 6 days I felt wonderful! The only problem is that I cannot do without my oestrogen patches as I loose my memory and get terrible hot flushes etc therefore my uterus is unprotected without progesterone so it has to come out. I am now booked in for a vaginal hysterectomy on 5 th march 2013 and i am terrified. I wish there was another way round this but apparently there isn't. I have read some awful stories about this and am worried sick.I thought I would share my story with you as people who truly suffer from pmdd end up having to go to these extremes just to live a normal life.
Unread 02-14-2013, 05:40 PM

Hope everything for you works out well!
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM

Elaine2000, I had my two week follow up today and things are going well. I whish you all the best with your TLH. Take care of yourself. With myself about a week after the surgery I made a decision that I was only going to think positive thoughts and read positive information.

In my journey I would come to the point of unthinkable hatred toward myself and the thought of not having this is where I put my thoughts in recovery.

Right now I which has only been two week I get weepy (sp) but not like PMDD. I cry at all the joys in my life and everything sad I see. My Dr. said to expect this and it would pass. At this point I will be working to get my hormones correct. I use the hormonal pellets which is estrogen or a form of it and testosterone. I take the progesterone in a liquid.

I had been using these since Sept of 2011 and had them inserted a week before my surgery I have an appt in April for new bloodwork to determine the formula in my next insertion.

Hoping you all the best and knowing that you don't have to worry about your uterus will give you the opportunity to find what works for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register