Pillows...what are they used for...holding agaist stomach?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pillows...what are they used for...holding agaist stomach?? Pillows...what are they used for...holding agaist stomach??

Unread 11-15-2002, 10:12 AM
Pillows...what are they used for...holding agaist stomach??

Hello...dumb question right!! Do you hold the pillow to your stomach when you try to get up??Just wondering....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2002, 10:33 AM

Phyllis,

I used my "tummy pillow" for support when I walked, coughed, sneezed, laughed, etc. Needed it mostly for the first week.

Also, still use a variety of pillows in bed to "prop"me in comfortable positions. Pillows are your friend!

Best wishes,

Mongie
Unread 11-15-2002, 10:43 AM

Hello Coffeecup45, Mongie is right, pillows will be your best friend!! I am 4months now and still use my tummy pillow and others. The tummy pillow is a must to hold against your tummy when sneezing, coughing, laughing etc. Tummy pillow also protects you from jumping cats. You need it in the car for the seatbelt. I used mine last night, I was reading a heavy book and was freaked the corners might bump my tummy, it is still very sensitive. I also still use mine for placing under my hanging stomach "thing" when lying on my side. And I still sleep w/ many pillows at night in bed, under my knees, sides etc. Your tummy pillow should be a smaller one, and very soft. I love my pillows!! (My DH says now we need a bigger bed, and are ALL those really necessary? YES!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2002, 01:12 PM

Hi sweetie. I got your pm and sent you one back. It looks like you didn't read it yet. Just wanted you to know I wasn't ignoring you. I can't send e-mails at the moment like you requested, so I pm'd you instead. Take care and let me know if you need more info.
Hugs, Missy
Unread 11-15-2002, 02:48 PM

Mmmm....I my pillows!! As everyone said, wonderful for propping and supporting anything and everything in bed, and supporting and protecting tummy. Also just a general cuddle friend!

For the first week I pretty much carried it everywhere in front of me...that way it was handy if I needed to cough, laugh, sneeze, or even use in lap while sitting. Also a good protector against flying objects...like kids, cats, dogs...

I even had a designated pillow for the bathroom to use on my lap while on toilet. It really made me MUCH more comfortable!

Later!
Unread 11-16-2002, 03:42 PM

In addition to these great suggestions for pillow usage, I used it to prop the book on while I read. Put it high (on my ribs) while laying down to read. It saved my arms. Holding up Harry Potter books is hard without the help of your tummy pillow post op!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register