LAVH, BSO and looking forward to it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH, BSO and looking forward to it LAVH, BSO and looking forward to it

Unread 09-08-2008, 10:04 PM
LAVH, BSO and looking forward to it

Has anyone else found themselves looking forward to surgery? I am--sort of. Want to get this done and overwith, tired of the cramps and spotting combined with heavy long periods. Since I've already had two d&cs for polyps and have had abnormal paps, I did a followup, and now I found out I've also got fibroid tumors and ovarian cyst and some kind of lump. Found out Aug 28, and was scheduled right away. Had to allow enough time to notify work and get FMLA and Disability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2008, 06:32 AM

i looked forward to mine..i was tired as hell of dealing with the flooding periods. i was nervous about the anesthesia though..even though i know theres basically nothing to worry about. good luck with your surgery
Unread 09-09-2008, 07:12 AM

Well I am somewhat looking forward to it. Mainly because of the PAIN I am in. I just want it to go away. I am NOT looking forward to being out of work and the recovery involved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2008, 07:50 AM

Oh yeah~ I can't wait! I'm a little nervous about the anesthesia... I always am. Had a bad experience the very first time at 14 years old and have never had an issue with going under or coming back out since, but it still gets to me every last time, usually on the morning of. In the meantime, I'm just looking forward to it, wishing it were happening sooner and trying not to think about how long I won't be able to clean my house!!! You know, that's the part I am hating the most right now: the idea of not being able to follow my cleaning schedule. I think there may possibly be something wrong with my priorities...
Unread 09-09-2008, 08:57 AM

I'm having an LAVH on Thursday and am so looking forward to it. I've had non-stop, sometimes extremely heavy bleeding for the last three months due to a fibroid farm in my uterus. Sometimes I think I'm wimpy because I've only dealt with this for three months compared to the years that some women deal with their issues. But I want to get it done before my uterus gets huge so the surgery stays as short as possible. I'm also experiencing episodes of very low hemoglobin which is causing me to lose work days -- not to mention affecting every other area of my life.

I, too, am worrying about not being able to clean my house. I was going to use these few days before my surgery (9/11) to clean but have been hit with a heavy bleeding episode and crashed hemoglobin so am not able to do anything except work on my laptop and talk on the phone. So my house will be messy during my recovery. Oh well, it'll get clean eventually. My husband has been good -- helping out as much as he can.

I've seen many posts from women nervous and/or second-guessing their surgery. I've certainly had those feelings as well. But mostly I'm looking forward to the surgery and getting my life back!

Lisa
Unread 09-09-2008, 09:28 AM

Tomorrow's my day, and yes, I am nervous. I will definitely miss work -- 21+ years at the same job with only vacation time off, so this is going to drive me crazy -- Doctor said minimum 6 weeks recovery. But I hate never knowing when or how long or how heavy and this will take care it. I will, after recovery, NOT have to worry about wearing protecton all the time because I never know when I'll bleed and feeling lousy all the time. Not looking forward to the pain following surgery, though. But I've been told by a few people, my own sister who is a nurse had this a few months ago, that they felt so much better immediately following the surgery, and that the pain was less than they had been dealing with for years.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register