Is anybody experiencing this too? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is anybody experiencing this too? Is anybody experiencing this too?

Unread 11-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Is anybody experiencing this too?

Hi!

I am almost 12 weeks postop. I have been released for all activities since 9 weeks. I am pretty much all healed inside with no pain. Every so often I have some discharge - sometimes it is clear other times it is light brownish/pinkish. It does not have any odor.

Is anybody experiencing this? I do not think that it is an infection since there is no odor. I only notice it on my underwear and it does not show up on the tp when I wipe. I think that it is odd that it only comes about 1 or 2 times a week.

Thanks - Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2005, 03:28 AM

Wow Tracy ..... That is a weird problem. You are 12 weeks post-op ......

Brownish blood is usually old blood that is working it's was out after surgery. It seems yours would be all gone by now ..... Sometimes you will have spotting (pinkish} while your inside stiches desolve but again, you are 12 weeks along.

I agree with you that since there is no odor it is probably not an infection.

Hopefully some one will come along with a better answer for you. I'm baffled.

I think at this point is is better that you get a doctor appointment and have this taken care of.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.
's!
Sybie
Unread 11-19-2005, 06:16 AM

Well I am 5 weeks post-op and still having discharge and it varies on how much depending on how much I do. If I do very little I have very little discharge if I do more then I have more discharge. Mine is a yellowish/brownish in color no smell and nothing on paper when I wipe. Just enough to make me wear panty liners on a daily basis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2005, 08:19 AM

I am 11 weeks post op and at 9 weeks I had discharge that went from yellowish green to brownish, I went back and forth. My dr said it was a bacterial infection. So, he put me on Metrogel inserts which has an antibiotic in it. Well it got rid of the bacteria infection but now I have the whiteish, yellow discharge and I am burning and kind of itchy. Yeah you guessed it I have a yeast infection from the Metrogel inserts. Now I am on Diflucan still with the discharge, I have already taken 2 pills and have to wait to see if they will work then if they don't work I have to get the diflucan refilled and take 2 more pills. If that doesn't work then I have to go back to the dr and I don't know what else he will do. This is a pain in the neck. I thought by 12 weeks I would be feeling great and having no problems but I am dealing with this. Then again when I think about it I am still would rather have this than the bleeding and horrible pain before my hyst. I know that I will one day be over this. I kind of rambled, sorry, but I hope this helps you. God bless!!
Unread 11-19-2005, 10:27 AM

Flannelsister, I am beginning to think that might be my problem is that i have a infection. I will have some buring and itch with it sometimes so it makes me belive even more. I will find out next fri that is when I go for my 6 week check. But Im with you tired of the troubles I have been having some healing problems with my vaginal repair which in turn has my uro worried about my bladder supppension will fall again. yuk so i just go one day at a time and home like heck it will begin to heal like it should. Anyway good luck to you hope you can clear up your infections.
Unread 11-19-2005, 03:08 PM

I hope so. Keep me posted on what your dr says, Friday. I am hopeful that I am near the end of my infections. If I am not, then I guess I need to be thankful for no pain. Good luck and God bless!! PM me with what your dr says.
Unread 11-20-2005, 10:07 AM

I am in my fifth week post-op and still have vaginal discharge too..kind of yellowish green. I don't have any itching or anything, and my six week checkup was pushed back until December 16th...I wonder now if it is an infection, and I should have it checked out sooner. hmmm. I will call Monday, and see what the Dr. thinks. Glad I checked and read this. Hope everyone heals well. Good luck!!! suekt

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register