Incision split! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Incision split! Incision split!

Unread 07-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Incision split!

Hi gals,
I'm new here. I've been reading some of the other posts, but I am still a bit concerned. My incision split open and is leaking fluid mixed with blood.
I had it cleaned and re taped yesterday.
Leaking again and the incision looks a bit wider.
I see the surgeon tomorrow.
My question is..should I just wait until I see him tomorrow our do I need to go get looked at again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2013, 12:54 PM
Re: Incision split!

Don't mean to scare you, but....I had this same thing happen to me with a different type of abdominal surgery over 2 yrs ago. It turned out to be an infection that lasted for over 2 months. Get it looked at and make sure they give you some anti-biotics.
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:56 PM

Hi jwhope,

If I were you I would have it looked at again...better safe than sorry...my wound opened right up and I have been getting nurse care and have to have it packed daily at home because it ended up being a hole....don't wait sweetie, go have it looked at...high chance of infection too, the more it opens!! good luck and hope it is ok....hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2013, 01:20 PM

Thanks all. I am on antibiotics. I guess I should have mentioned that hehe. The Dr opened it a bit due to some cellulitis that had started. It's draining a bit still..better out than in!
Do they ever re staple incisions? I just got the staples out this past Thursday.
Unread 07-14-2013, 02:43 PM

My incision split too about a 1/2 inch hole and is leaking yellowish fluid. I had a TAH done and I am very concerned. I also have a lot of pain when I sit up it feels like I have a big ball in my vagina and I am siting on it. It's weird trying to explain how it feels. Could it be my bladder, I can tell it is irritated, I experience some pain when urinating. I'm not suppose to see the doctor until three more weeks but I will call when they are open Monday. I am just worried. Has anyone else experienced this?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register