Dr. thinks he may have accidentally put a stitch in my Bladder 😰 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr. thinks he may have accidentally put a stitch in my Bladder 😰 Dr. thinks he may have accidentally put a stitch in my Bladder 😰

Unread 01-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Dr. thinks he may have accidentally put a stitch in my Bladder 😰

I went for my 4 wk. post op visit this morning and while having my pelvic exam I had major pain whenever he felt around inside & palpitated my outsides. Still have blood in my urine & I have to get in to see a Urologist asap to have a bunch of tests done. Apparently I am leaking a small amount of urine & blood and my dr. thinks he may have accidentally put a stitch in my bladder while seeing my vaginal cuff closed. He thinks surgery may be necessary to fix things. Not feeling good about any of this. Has anyone had anything similar happen? Any feedback would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2015, 12:47 PM
Re: Dr. thinks he may have accidentally put a stitch in my Bladder 😰

I am so so sorry. That is awful. Keep us updated.
Unread 01-13-2015, 12:49 PM

Oh man! That is so disappointing! I'd be pretty upset with my surgeon if she did that! Huge hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctsunset View Post
I went for my 4 wk. post op visit this morning and while having my pelvic exam I had major pain whenever he felt around inside & palpitated my outsides. Still have blood in my urine & I have to get in to see a Urologist asap to have a bunch of tests done. Apparently I am leaking a small amount of urine & blood and my dr. thinks he may have accidentally put a stitch in my bladder while seeing my vaginal cuff closed. He thinks surgery may be necessary to fix things. Not feeling good about any of this. Has anyone had anything similar happen? Any feedback would be great.
Yesterday I went to see a Urologist to have a cystoscopy done to check for damage or a stitch left in my bladder. The cystoscopy was very quick and I thought it would involve a lot more looking around as my GYN had told me. The Dr. said everything looked "ok" to him (he didn't see any stitch left behind) and suggested that my pelvic pain & "dribbles" might have been related to an allergic reaction to the sutures used during my surgery. ??? I thought to myself, "I am 4 weeks post op; don't you think that I would have had a "reaction" to the sutures causing me great pain before now?". This Urologist, whom I had never met before, happens to be the Urologist for a certain football team where I live. Call me crazy, but I think he was quite arrogant and seemed annoyed to have to be dealing with me. Needless to say, the procedure hurt like ?$&! and he didn't even use a topical anesthetic. I had to urinate right after he was done and it was as though I had a 3 Alarm fire shooting through my urethra. When I told him this, his response was "Oh, did that hurt?" - I was ready to cry from the pain. He gave me pyridium for the pain and sent me on my way. He did follow up with my GYN, who I saw today. I told him that I was still having sharp stabbing pains in my pubic area & vagina. I have also still been "dribbling" urine - the pyridium causes your urine to turn orange and I have worn a panty liner since the cystoscopy that shows that something is leaking. After my GYN heard this, he ordered a Cystogram for next Tuesday to check for any small tears or damage to my bladder or urethra. On top of all that I have another bladder infection. So tired of all this pain, infection & doctor visits. I truly thought having my hysterectomy was going to be the end of all of my pain & problems! Hoping that something shows up on Tuesday that will solve my issues. Sorry for the super long vent. Happy healing to everyone!
Unread 01-16-2015, 06:06 PM

Thank you for sharing your story and don't ever feel the need to apologize for venting....sharing is what it's all about
I can't relate to any of your issues but I just want you to know that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel for you. Once they get to the bottom of what is causing your issues, you can then move forward and hopefully find resolution. Healing from the hysterectomy is challenging enough without any obstacles being thrown into the mix. I wish you nothing but the very best and please keep us posted on how things are coming along.

Take care
Unread 01-16-2015, 06:20 PM

I'm so sorry you are going through this. We are here to listen. Feel free to vent and keep us posted. We worry about each other here. It will be good to know what is wrong and how they fixed it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register