Dr's who aren't paying attention | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr's who aren't paying attention Dr's who aren't paying attention

Unread 10-23-2005, 11:39 AM
Dr's who aren't paying attention

Hello ladies. Heres' a good one for you all. I am about three years post op. I have recently moved home and started seeing my old ob/gyn that delivered my girls. Anywho, this last week I went in for my yearly check. I was immediately put in one of those little rooms and told to put on this gown and wait. I waited for about 2 hours! LOVELY!!! I was sitting there listening to all the noise in the hall and trying to guess when he would finally grace me with his presence.
After he finally came in and called for the nurse to help him, He started the exam only to ask me when my last period was! Ok I thought that I would play along. I told him in dec of 2003. He has my records and he knows from last visit about three weeks ago that I had the hyst. But when I told him he still didn't catch on. Then he saw for himself that I didn't have a cervix. That is when he looks at me and says Oh. you had the hyst right? Ya I did.
He told me that I was going to get a script for the pills that I have been on for anxiety, then I left. Then Yesterday I took the script to fill it at wal mart only to be told that I got the wrong one. It isn't the same as I had in my purse. I now have to wait til monday to get this mess figured out! So much for things going smoothly. I needed to vent sorry. Penguin 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2005, 05:23 PM

Idiot ! I think doctors like that shouldn't practice at all. Its obvious he doesn't care enough about his patients not to over book and rush them through like cattle. Also a 2 hour wait sitting in a gown is just ridiculous.Sorry you had to go through that.I'd call the office about the pill mix up and really be firm about getting it taken care of by phone on monday.Please don't let them bully you into another appointment.Good luck ....Marsha
Unread 10-23-2005, 05:24 PM

How really typical. That would really burn me to have a doctor act like that and then to give you the wrong prescription to bootl Good thing you were paying attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-24-2005, 05:19 AM

I am pretty sure that he has gave me the wrong one. I was on a anti inflamatory that was also used as a anxiety drug. It helped me to not grind my teeth at night which got rid of my migraine headaches during the day. The new one that he gave me was a anti depressent! I haven't needed that since the hyst in 03. He is a good dr. But I can totally understand what you mean by rushing through like cattle. When I was in labor with my older daughter he wouldn't come up and check me til he got his paperwork done. Never mind that I was stuck at 9.5 cm's for five hours without any pain killer! LOVELY. I should have said something back then. But the other dr's at our clinic are worse. One told me that bleeding during pregnancy isn't a big deal. Thanks ladies for being on my side. I thought I was just complaining. Love all Dawn
Unread 10-24-2005, 05:31 AM

Penguin2005,,
I think ID be finding me another DR. remember your the one paying and you should be at their best interest. A DR. like that dont care about you, or they wouldnt make you wait that long , especially
you already in the room waiting thats rediculas. I would have got up and left. And I would have made sure they knew I was p- off. Youve handled it alot better than I would have. Good Luck on your getting your med right..
Unread 10-24-2005, 05:36 AM

OH belive me I wanted to walk right out. Making a big stink the entire way. But I knew that if I did that I would have to wait even longer to get my pap and that kind of thing. I was thinking about just getting it over with. I had a appt at 11 got there at 10 and didn't leave til noon! Plus if it wasn't for another mom of a little girl in my younger daughters class she wouldn't have even gotten picked up from school on time! Thanks ladies. Love Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register