oh my, I actually said the phrase"good sweatpants" - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

oh my, I actually said the phrase"good  sweatpants" oh my, I actually said the phrase"good sweatpants"

Unread 05-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Re: oh my, I actually said the phrase"good sweatpants"

I, too, was amused and horrified when the phrase "the dressy ones" came out of my mouth about a pair of fleece pants..... amazing how perspective shifts, isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2013, 08:08 AM

I love reading your post and everyone's comments. It has given me a good laugh. I'm tired of looking frumpy and my friends telling me how pale I look. Well when you sit on the couch for 3 weeks hardly getting sun I guess so. I've been doing nail art on my nails because that's the only thing that "fits". Ha ha funny what we are reduced to to feel pretty
Unread 05-04-2013, 08:18 AM

I'm so glad I found this post this morning. I was having a very emotional morning....."nothing fits, I feel like a helpless child, I hate that I can't do what I am use to doing on my mine"!! But then I read this and had a fantastic laugh. It was just what I needed to hear that we all are in the same boat. Thanks ladies!!!!
Unread 05-04-2013, 11:10 AM
oh my, I actually said the phrase"good sweatpants"

Glad to hear all the humor. Makes me feel better some days I look 3 months pregnant. I went and got me some yoga pants because I needed something comfy and nonconstricting when I go back to work Monday. I now I have pair of comfy pants. Do to the nature of my job I can't wear dresses which have been my best friend. Can't wait to get back in my jeans but I can wait . I'm always showing my belly to my husband and he's says the same thing. If you call that a belly then what do you call this pointing to the wait he has gained. The most frustrating part is I am still same preop weight. It's weird.
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:03 PM

Yup, for Valentine's day I was one month post-op. For our night out I got all dressed up in heels, sweater, jewelery, and my 'nice' sweatpants. Thank goodness it was dark out! What a vision!
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:42 PM

I have resorted to maxi dresses, psjama bottoms and yoga pants. At one week out said I will never again frown upon those who wear pajama bottoms to go shopping. I wore pajama bottoms each time I went shopping up until last week when I fit into maxi dresses.
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjean View Post
..... At one week out said I will never again frown upon those who wear pajama bottoms to go shopping...
I still think it's wrong but I'm a lot more sympathetic to that "fashion statement" than I was pre-op

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register