4 weeks post hysterectomy and still not myself | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy and still not myself 4 weeks post hysterectomy and still not myself

Unread 01-16-2015, 09:42 AM
4 weeks post hysterectomy and still not myself

I'm four weeks post-op and I truly wish I had say this site before I had my hysterectomy. I still feel like I'm carrying my fibroid tumors around and thats very depressing to me. My stomach is bloated and did I say I'm 4 weeks post-op? I still aches, especially when I push myself but please tell its going to get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2015, 09:52 AM
4 weeks post hysterectomy and still not myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidegurly View Post
I'm four weeks post-op and I truly wish I had say this site before I had my hysterectomy. I still feel like I'm carrying my fibroid tumors around and thats very depressing to me. My stomach is bloated and did I say I'm 4 weeks post-op? I still aches, especially when I push myself but please tell its going to get better.
Sister ... I'm almost 8 weeks PO and I'm still having pains and still have swelly belly and still have stitches that I can feel in my vaginal cuff.... I didn't feel like even a close resemblance of myself until around 7 weeks. I have returned to work and that has helped even though I am exhausted at the end if the day and in pain and my belly feels swollen and heavy.... It's gonna take longer for some of us than others.... Don't compare yourself to others.... Unless you are really concerned with something being wrong , then contact your Dr. ..... I thought this would be easy, I was wrong, very wrong , but I get better every few days.... We are told we won't be completely normal for a year.... But I can say at 8 weeks I'm ok... Hope your recovery continues to improve ....
Unread 01-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Re: 4 weeks post op and still not myself

Marylou2544, thank you so much. I think I went in with a preset mind as to what to expect and it turned out nothing what I expect. Thank you for giving me hope. I as well pray your recovery continues to improve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2015, 04:11 PM
Re: 4 weeks post hysterectomy and still not myself

Oh trust me, that swelly belly takes a while to get better! And once it starts getting better, you'll still find that it swells up again in the evenings or sometimes just randomly. I can't remember exactly how long it took mine to go completely away but it was a while. But it did go away. In the meantime, don't try to fit in your regular clothes, especially if you have to go back to work. I went to the thrift store and bought a few pairs of pants 2 sizes bigger and some elastic waist skirts from Wal-Mart and I wore those same 4 bottoms for about three weeks straight! The cuff causes discomfort for a while too (but not forever )

The aches and tiredness last for a while too but they do go away. Like Marylou said, don't compare yourself to others, but just to share my experience with you I found that I was pretty much back to normal after about 12 weeks. After 8 I started to notice the tiredness was somewhat better and the belly was better, but I would still have bouts of tiredness, achiness, or just random discomfort.

When you feel tired, just let yourself rest. Try to walk a little bit each day, eat well and drink PLENTY of water. Doing those things really do help. Good luck!
Unread 01-16-2015, 06:54 PM

I had my surgery the same week as Marylou and agree with her. The swelly belly still continues and the last couple of days I swear I can feel each stitch in my vaginal cuff. Some days I can make it through the work day and others I just get exhausted and go home early. Everyone is different.
Unread 01-16-2015, 06:59 PM

I'm in my 8th week postop & completely agree with what the other ladies have said. I wanted to add some supportive words, because my 4th week was the worst for me! I felt like I was never going to be better - I was exhausted if I tried to do the lightest activity, in pain, depressed & crying. I was sure I should be doing much better than I was. I underestimated the healing process and I think women need to be better prepared for what a long haul it is. I was sure I'd be fine by 4 weeks, back to my normal self & it was crushing when that didn't happen. That being said, there was a world of difference by week 5 & 6 😄 I had almost no pain, actually had some energy, & my mood improved greatly. Even now I still have to be careful not to overdo things but I wanted to tell you it will get better! Hang in there & I hope you feel better soon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register