now my car gets smashed into! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

now my car gets smashed into! now my car gets smashed into!

Unread 06-19-2002, 02:32 PM
now my car gets smashed into!

Lady backed up into me in the grocery store parking lot. The whole right rear portion of my car is smashed in. It's okay to drive though. I will stay home and not go anywhere!
I go to the castle on Friday. Right now I'm so tired of being nervous about it that I don't seem as uptight..........does that make sense? Of course that could change at any given moment. Before I sign out....to clean the house for the 100th time.....I have prolapsed everything....rectum, bladder, and all the female works. Anybody out there who's had all this done....what can I expect pre and post-op? The hyster will be done laprscopically with a vaginal assist. I just need to hear what you went through. Will I come home with a catheter, be able to move my bowels? I know everybody is different, but maybe I could gain a bit more courage if I was aware of other sister's experiences.
Thanks......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2002, 03:08 PM
Hi Needles,

I don't have any answers to your questions about prolapses and what to expect in recovery, but I did want to stop by and give you a big .

I am so sorry about your car being smashed. When it rains, it pours!!

Please try to get some rest, and do something special just for you. Hot bubble bath, rent a movie, go out to dinner, whatever you enjoy. It will all be over soon, and you'll be on the other side looking back and realizing that the waiting is the hardest part of all.

s and prayers,

Lisa
Unread 06-19-2002, 05:02 PM
now my car gets smashed into!

Hi Needles,

I'm so sorry about your car!! You certainly didn't need that extra stress this week, did you?

My hyst was also done because of prolapses of my bladder, bowel and uterus. My catheter was taken out before I came home from the hospital. I went in one day and was home the next afternoon. I was constipated (which apparently is a side effect of some pain medications), and needed to take stool softener, and eventually I was able to go again OK.

Because of the repairs that will be done, you will want to have a donut pillow to sit on (have it for your ride home from the hospital), and you will be quite tender in that area for a few weeks. (I had an episiotomy-like cut).

Be sure to talk to your doctor about what you can use to relieve the discomfort in that area, if needed.

Please be sure to let us know how you are doing once you have been home from the hospital a few days. And try to get some rest before you go - your house must be sparkling clean by now!!

's

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register