5 Days Post Op and Depressed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Days Post Op and Depressed 5 Days Post Op and Depressed

Unread 12-09-2005, 11:15 PM
5 Days Post Op and Depressed

Princesses,

Do you guys know how long the hurting will last when you have to urinate, and also have a bowel movement ? The pain feels like my insides are under attack. I never know when I have to urinate any more. All I know is that I start getting pain in my abdomen and then I go.

I am tired of hurting. Last night was terrible, I kept having severe hotflashes, then afterwards I would be freezing to death. Later on I felt nauseas, and then I started to cry. I knew this was going to be painful but nothing like this. I had an abominal surgery in the past and they went in through the same incision. I am wondering if my tummy is just super sensitive because of that. My swelly belly band helps with the burning that I get at the incision.

I already have cabin fever and I am tired of being in the house. I wish you guys could all come to Japan and just hang out for awhile. My best friend is here, but GOD bless her she makes me nervous. She does not sit down the whole time she visits and then we are constantly laughing which hurts my tummy like hell. Am I just losing my mind or what?

I am not a grumpy person, I am always out going and full of life but it seems like I am just plain irritable all the time now.

Newly punctured princess just needs some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2005, 11:36 PM

Konichiwa! Hope you start feeling better soon!
Unread 12-09-2005, 11:50 PM

I am a little over 2 weeks post op and today found out I have a urinary tract infection. Got meds and started them-making my stomach feels like a truck ran over it. I had a few great days prior to today. I was telling my dh that it's hard when you don't get a breather from the pain; it starts to wear you down. Keep yourself hydrated... I want to say it gets better and I will say that it goes up and down, but looking back-it's much better than the first week. I'm hurting too much to sleep right now, so am watching QVC, etc. Hope you feel better. Hugs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2005, 02:00 AM

You may wish to call your dr about your pain. Maybe a UTI? Do you have a fever? Have you been given any pain meds?

Since your ovaries can go into shock after having a hyst, you can face menopause symptoms until your ovaries are functioning properly again. I am one of the ladies that also experienced the hot flashes, then I would be cold from the cool air hitting my sweaty skin. And I had a UTI so I had that pain as well, along with a fever.

A hyst is a major surgery, and one that tends to be very emotional. Many other "princesses" have dealt with the swinging emotions during recovery. It will take time for your whole system to settle down.

It is wonderful that you good friend close by, although laughing does hurt! Do you have a tummy pillow to use while laughing? (We sell them at the Hyster Sisters Store if not!) And is she helping you around the house so you can be a pampered and recover better? You need to rest, drink water, and walk when you are able. It is difficult being down for an extended period of time, but you only have one chance to heal right the first time. Have you popped in to the Games Forum to help with your bordem?

Best wishes to you!
Unread 12-10-2005, 02:18 AM

I too have felt down but it's hit me later- in the past few days at 3 1/2 weeks or so. For me it's cabin fever I think but could be menopausal symptoms, doc wants to wait to start HRT until after six weeks mark. I'm am also feeling warm esp at night but not sure it's hot flushes as not too bad at all, could just be the covers and heating on low as it's cold outside!!! So don't really know. I am dying to start my life again. This site is wonderful- always there for me. There's always someone out there feeling the same way. By the way do get checked for infection. My doc found a slight bladder infection which I hadn't really noticed at all. But I do feel better again in myself after a couple of days of anitbiotics. Take care
Unread 12-10-2005, 06:53 AM

Hi, I also had a SAH 6 1/2 weeks ago, they left my cervix in as there were already adhesions to my bladder from previous surgery - this was the fifth time of going through the same scar. At your stage I was getting bowel and bladder pain too - now the bowel pain is almost completely gone and the bladder pain is decreasing gradually. Like you I didn't get normal bladder sensation, just being in pain was my cue to go and pee, but its starting to feel more like normal now. I find standing seems to make it worse, I can walk gently for quite a distance now, but if I have to stand in a queue everything seems to hang heavy inside me. hope this helps, you hopefully should be feeling better in a few weeks.
Unread 12-10-2005, 07:10 AM

I'm so sorry you've been down. I think it's normal due to several things: anesthesia, pain killers, intense bodily trauma, intense hormone trauma, even if we have an ovary it's not working properly yet, and of course there have to be emotions attached to losing so much a part of ourselves, a grieving if you will. I also believe there is some kind of fear in all of us. There are so many things that can go wrong with all this mess, it would be abnormal not to have some fear and anxiety.

The best thing in the entire world for me has been humor. If I lost my sense of humor now, belly pain from laughing and all, I'd probably end up absolutely nuts!! Or bananas LOL.

Just my two cents
Unread 12-10-2005, 09:04 AM

I had mine the same day as you, I had a abdominal TAH and my ovaries were also removed. I feel good today but I have swelly belly and it is painful when I stand it feels like I need to hold my belly up. I am also getting bored, I want to go to a store or something but I don't know if I could make it. I have seen those electric wheelchairs in Walmart and that might be fun riding in one of those. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 12-10-2005, 12:05 PM

L had my TAH thr day after you. I am concerned about your pain. I never had pain when I peed!!Maybe I was lucky. I am a bit uncomfortable now and a little stir crazy, but other than that I am okay. I can definitely feel myself getting down, because all this lying around is driving me nuts!!!!!Sure wish I could come to Japan!!That would be awesome, but I don't think my dh or my dr. would let me!!LOL Keep your chin up!It will get easier day by day. and please call your doc about the pain. It can't hurt to call even if he says its normal!!!HUGS!!!Kathy
Unread 12-10-2005, 03:09 PM

I, too, think you should contact your doctor about the pain. It's always better to be safe than sorry. I wish I could come to Japan to comfort you. I don't think I could stand the airplane seatbelt across my tummy. I know the boredom is miserable. Like Weiser suggests, you may want to check out the Games Forum. I really enjoy playing games with my sisters from across the world.

Just remember your sisters are just a click away. We are here for you 24/7.

Take care of yourself and be a good My favorite thing to do when I was in my early days of recovery was being a lazy bum. Looking back at those early days, being a lazy bum wasn't all that bad.

's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register