TVH Kept ovaries 2 months post hysterectomy depressed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept ovaries  2 months post hysterectomy depressed Kept ovaries 2 months post hysterectomy depressed

Unread 01-30-2015, 10:42 PM
Kept ovaries 2 months post hysterectomy depressed

Hey all;

Anyone else 2 months post op and kept ovaries and struggling with bad depression. I don't know what to do. I don't really want to go on meds, but don't know what else. Seen a naturopath, dr tested hormones but never heard back so assume they are fine. I am still tired a lot too. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2015, 01:58 AM
Re: Kept ovaries 2 months post op depressed

Dear Quadding Queen, please know that you are not alone. You are still relatively early after your operation. At that point hormones and emotions are all over the place. Your ovaries might be asleep for a while - or maybe just don't work effectively with the way they are now. Mood swings and depression are typical. Many sister's moods stabilise after a while on their own as ovaries re-awaken. Mine did at first, woke up after three months and fell asleep forever after six.

The hormone test: my doctor said it's irelevant as we had no other hormone status of mine to compare it to. Plus it changes all the time. She said she can see my suffering and we should just go for it. She gave me Estrogen Gel to try. Three days later I was a new and happy person.

The doctor said gel is the most natural way to give estrogen - it's exact dosed to your needs. It's as closely identical to your own as possible. Not like, say a herbal tea where you never quite know how much your getting and it's not really body identical.

Don't be scared of antidepressants. But be mindful. They don't work for hormone issues. About a year later I had still not healed so new issues with pain in my back started and added to the stress. I am now taking a light non-addictive anti depressant which gives me the power to continue looking for a solution to my health problems. It doesn't change me. It just makes me more resilient. It's Opipramoldihydrochlorid. And for the moments when I despair: I have Tavor in my handbag. I took it twice. It's highly addictive so I tread carefully. But generally just knowing it's there - and that I have the option - makes me stable.

Why not have a look in the Hormone Central section? And maybe try Estrogen - ask your doctor. Oh: do you like Yoga? Are you allowed back to sports yet? Get clearance from your doctor first. Sport is my happy place!
Unread 01-31-2015, 08:23 AM
Re: Kept ovaries 2 months post hysterectomy depressed

I've been doing yoga and working out. Your info is helpful.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register