Feeling quite ill, did I engage in too much activity 3 weeks post hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling quite ill, did I engage in too much activity 3 weeks post hysterectomy? Feeling quite ill, did I engage in too much activity 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

Unread 05-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Feeling quite ill, did I engage in too much activity 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

Hi. I am 3 weeks post full daVinci. Everything gone. The whole plumbing. Ovaries, uterus, cervix, all of it. I am on an estradiol patch, .1mg.

I threw a surprise party for my sister two days ago. It was planned before I found out I needed to have surgery. I had to do A LOT of work. I was on my feet all day for 3 straight days. I had to leave the party (that I had worked so hard on) about an hour after I got my sister in the door. I got suddenly faint and overheated, I was shaking. It wouldn't go away, despite eating something (which I did very little of during the previous 72 hrs), a cool towel, and some water. I got home and put myself in a cool shower, and was instantly shivering.

I still feel terrible. Not much pain, but rather sick. I get bouts of severe chills (no fever), nausea, and dizziness, like I am going to faint. I have no appetite and an awful taste in my mouth. Nothing sounds or tastes good. I can't get hydrated, I am always anxious and extremely fatigued.

Honestly, I feel hungover. Is it possible that overdoing it for 3 straight days has exacerbated things? Is my body staging a protest? Part of me is worried that I did some damage to my insidey parts, the cauterized bits.

Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Feeling quite ill, did I engage in too much activity 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

Oh my! You most certainly have overdone it!
I wouldn't even be surprised if you are dehydrated as well.
Please put in a call to your doctor as you need to be seen!
And I would suggest not staying alone until you are better.
Best wishes and please let us all know you are doing....
Unread 05-29-2017, 01:25 PM
Re: Feeling quite ill, did I engage in too much activity 3 weeks post op?

Thank you for the and advice. I will certainly call my Dr tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2017, 06:33 PM

You have completely overdone it, and your body is sending you a loud and clear signal that it needs rest, and NOW. It was probably trying to tell you during those 3 days, but you were ignoring it. No ignoring it now!

Rest. Feet up. Ice on your belly and a water soaked frozen maxi pad in your underwear to try to get the inflammation under control. You may also try ibuprofen or Aleve as an anti-inflammatory. Make sure you are drinking water.

If you don't feel better in the am, do put a call into your doctor!
Unread 05-29-2017, 07:30 PM

A quote from my own life: "You can't do anything the easy way can you?" Yes, you overdid it. No doubt about that. If you are still feeling dizzy and unable to get hydrated you need to head to the ER for some IV rehydration. You may need some labs to ensure you aren't bleeding internally somewhere. Just because surgeries are done with minimal incisions on the outside does not mean the work in the inside was minimal. Now you need to be in bed until a full 6 weeks has passed from surgery and get your Doctors permission before returning to anything more strenuous.
Unread 05-30-2017, 02:33 AM

Hello CMGG,

We are so used to our regular lives that at times when we feel a little good we tend to exert as before . I am also 3+ weeks old with LAVH and I too took the liberty of exerting for 2 days at the beginning of the 3rd week. Felt totally tired and could not do anything for the next couple of days. So I have learnt the lesson to rest more and do things in moderation. Hope you get better soon .
Unread 06-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Re: Feeling quite ill, did I engage in too much activity 3 weeks post hysterectomy?

I was 3 weeks post op yesterday and I know I overdid it this week. This was my first full week back, I wore pants, I slept on my stomach and I probably did stuff I shouldn't have here at work. I ended up on my butt last night feeling like I was going to throw up and the waves of pain were awful. After I slept on my back last night with an ice pack and am back in my flowing dresses taking it easy, I feel better. I am finding that my body is letting me know that I am pushing to hard.

It is hard to be patient with your body when you are used to being superwoman all the time and now you have to say please help. I am over the please help word, but I know I have to continue to ask. Feel better yourself and just sit in jammies and enjoy some home time...even if you feel like the walls are coming in on you..I know I am over being home.
Unread 06-02-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmgg View Post
Thank you for the and advice. I will certainly call my Dr tomorrow.
Have you spoken with your doctor? How are you feeling today?
Unread 06-02-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
Have you spoken with your doctor? How are you feeling today?
Yes, thank you! I did. I called on Memorial Day and spoke with the on call nurse. She said I should probably go to the ER. But then she said "it can even be one of those urgent care places." That took it down a couple of notches. Obviously it wasn't too life threatening. Then she said "who knows, you may have caught a bug or have a UTI. I thought, "Well I'm not going to the hospital for a UTI." So I got some Pedialyte and continued to rest. Once I was able to get hydrated I felt much better. I've kept activity to a minimum this week, which is difficult when you live alone. But I am better! Thank you all for your advice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register