Help! Back to work and drained - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help! Back to work and drained Help! Back to work and drained

Unread 04-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Help! Back to work and drained

Yomiss,
What part of the country do you live in? I am in SW Missouri and fortunately, we do not have many into gang banging, thugs and guns. I am sure eventually it will find us. Our population is starting to grow as people find out about our low cost of living and family style living! I would image it would be very challenging to teach a group of teenagers regardless of where one lives! As I said I would not have the patience not just for the children but the parents. I admire your grace in handling the sticky discussions with them. I would imagine they will be able to talk to you as long as you are cool, hip or whatever the current term is! Keep up the good work!

It seems like you had quite and experience in the castle. I am glad the nurses were there for you!

I have spent the evening in the recliner and will probably sleep here too. I will be spending fewer hours at work tomorrow. Fortunately, my first week calendar is not horrible! Have a good evening! Would love to chat some more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2007, 07:00 PM

Hi Nurse83,
I'm in New Haven, Connecticut which is right on Long Island Sound. It really is a quaint, New England city, with a diverse population and I really like it. The kids at school are city kids but really not too different from suburban schools i have also taught in. All kids now are exposed to everything; images, videos, advertisements, pop music, rap music, etc, and for many of the young boys, they really think they're going to be like "Scarface", which is really something to strive for, isn't it?? "Thugs-r-us??" At parent night, I love the parents b/c we all just scratch our heads and say what is going on w/ these young kids?? Thank you so much for your kind words. Yes! it is very challenging to be w/ teenagers all day!! But I secretly love it and love them. Some of them are so innocent, and even the"tough" kids can be polite and love you back. They need us, the teachers, to show up every day.
And I did have an okay experience in the mansion - I wish the nurses could have spent more time w/ me but I admire their expertise and instincts - God Bless you for choosing your career; not many people can handle it. It must be equally rewarding for you as well.

How do you feel today? DH is finally going back to work tomorrow; he's been home sick with the bad cold....have a great week, yomiss
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:31 PM

Yomiss,
I would imagine they do keep you on your toes! You know kids are the same at all ages, they just want someone to care about them. Teaching is a wonderful way to do that! Thanks I appreciate all teachers do! You have a gift and will touch many lives in ways you will never know!

I have hurt some today, but not nearly as bad as yesterday....a 6 on the ole pain scale...yesterday was an 8 so a little better. I told my supervisor that if the surgeon says go...I am going. I was so surprised, she asked how much FMLA I had left!!! I have taken 5 weeks off...that leaves 7 left. I am actually responsible for about 1/3 of our acute care beds in the hospital including out critical care units. I couldn't help but wonder if she was hinting my job wasn't protected. My position is pretty hard to replacee just in the fact there are not many with the experience and they don't just walk in your door. I am sure she didn't mean it that way....it just surprised me. A few days ago she asked if I could wait a few months!!! I have read this hernia is very prone to becoming incarcerated and I certainly don't want to lose any bowel. Job or no job, if he says fix, I am there!

Take care. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. I took an Ambien and going to try to sleep. Last night was about 3 hours....Chat at you later!
Unread 04-11-2007, 08:41 PM

yomiss...you are the brave one. out in that "controlled situation" called
school. at least i can give the big shot and put them to sleep for the rest of my shift. everyone of you ladies are great! i need my little hit from you everyday
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:49 AM
pain in the tailbone

I came back to work yesterday, I have a sit down job. I am having pain in my tailbone it is killing me. Called the dr they said doesn't sound like anything to do with surgery. Has anyone else had this problem. I plan on going to the store today to buy me a donut pillow.
Yesterday I was 6 week post op, am a patient service coordinator so I have a really laid back job. But sitting is not good who ever heard of that.
Unread 04-12-2007, 01:08 PM

Nurse83-Cheese Louise - Just take the time for your hernia pain; what's w/ your supervisor? Sounds a bit out of touch. But right on for you, if you feel that much pain? You have to have it dealt with. Please keep me informed, I hope you have a better few days here my dear.

Judi bee - LOL!!! How many times I wish I could give some of the big mouths a shot to keep quiet!!! But, again, I have learned to pick battles and see behind what the kids are complaining about. Many kids are used to not doing anything - LAZY - and it's up to teachers to let kids know you cannot be like this in life. One day this week, while reading out loud, I let my freshman (well, actually two of the resistant boys,) rap and beat on the desk to the text. It sounds weird, but it broke up the monotony and made us all laugh for a few minutes. Then I pulled them back in by having them write on newsprint. They had to write adjectives that describe characters using bubble letters and if they could draw, I let them draw the character. I had crayons and markers...then I taped their posters up in the room. So it's not rocket science but they have learned about the characters....
Brownd28-I would bring the donut to work; I don't know what the pain is/ have to go to a dinner for our school tonight; business dressy - it's rainy and cold here so shoes are a problem wi/ a cocktail dress in puddles. So glad to have you all to chat with; I should be ironing and everything and I'm talking to you. thanks for the support- sleep well Nurse83 on that Ambien. Don't get up and drive in your sleep now!!!
Unread 04-12-2007, 04:46 PM

Yomiss,
I hope you have a very nice time tonight. I have found high heels a no-no right now for me. I admire your creativity. Rap while reading, I imagine the kids did enjoy that!!

Brownd28-years ago I had problems with my tailbone. It took a lot of time to figure out what the problem was. I had started aerobic exercise and not enough padding, ended up irritating my tailbone. I finally found that taking Motrin helped with the inflamation. I of course, added more padding. I am not sure which approach they took with your surgery, but when you have a vag approach (I did), one is placed up in the stirups with legs spread the entire time. It might be possible that you had some bruising or irritiation from that. A donut pillow certainly would help also. Good luck!
Jen
Unread 04-12-2007, 08:54 PM

Just finished my second week back at work and had to report much better this week. The first week was 8 weeks after TAH/BSO and was a challenge - very tired and sore. Worked 2 half days because I was just soooo tired. This week energy seems near normal, still tired by 8 pm and ready to go to bed but much better.

There is hope ladies, the fatigue won't last forever
Unread 04-13-2007, 07:17 AM
donut pillow

I brought me a donut pillow last night, so we will see how that works for me. Thanks ladies for the replies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register