days later and still hurting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

days later and still hurting days later and still hurting

Unread 03-13-2013, 06:41 PM
days later and still hurting

Hello all. It has been two days since my surgery. Still hurt a lot and having some difficulties. A lot more pain than I expected. Not a lot of energy yet and hope that tomorrow is a better day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Re: two days later

It will get better. Stay on top of your meds if you still need them. Remember to take it easy and have everyone else take care of you.

If you have any questions, post them. The sisters on this site are absolutely awesome! The support I've received from this site and my fellow sisters has helped me so much.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Unread 03-13-2013, 06:53 PM

Thanks so much. I feel like I am falling a part. I cant sleep cant eat and hurt horribly. I hope tomorrow is better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2013, 07:00 PM

Are you taking any pain pills?
Unread 03-13-2013, 07:06 PM

Yes they gave me oxcycodone and I take them every 4 hours. But it seems to be no relief. I am trying to just relax and ignore the pain but it does not stop.
Any ideas on how to cough without hurting so much too. I have some congestion and cannot cough.
Unread 03-13-2013, 07:18 PM

I would call the doctor to let him know the pain pills aren't working. Maybe he can prescribe something else. I was lucky and didn't need my pain pills after 2 days at home.

As for coughing, have you held a small pillow to your tummy while you cough? It helped me when I had to cough.
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:52 AM

Thanks. I will try the pillow on the tummy. I will also give my dr. a call. Thanks for your support.
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Three days

Hello all. Today is day three after my LSH/BSO. I still am having a lot of pain. Hurts so much, I have been having some horrible mood swings also. Its hard being a single parent and having this type of surgery. My doctor was great but nothing prepares you for the actual recovery process. Trying to get some liquids down but I just stay so sick at my tummy. This site has been wonderful in my recovery process. All the information has been a blessing. Just know that there are others going through the some things helps more than anything. I am going to lay back down and take some more pain pills. Thanks to all my sisters on here.
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:00 AM

Please let me know what the doctor says! Hang in there it will get better!
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Re: days later and still hurting

hello there !like the other sisters say keep the faith it will get better. Let me share a little bit of my own experience. I had my TAH on feb 26 2013 first 2 days pain was unbearable at the hospital they were giving medication through iv so that kept it under control. Once dr sent me home he told me to take hydrocodone every 4 hours I try a day, a second day didn't work so called him and told him that I will take pills every 3 hrs because my pain tolerance is very low he said it was ok. So this is what I did for the first 8 days post op:
take pain killers every 3 hours
in the morning take 2 stool softener pill
in the morning 2 gas x chewing pills
in the morning any fiber drink
afternoon 1 gas pill
at night before bed
2 stool softener
2 x gas chewing pills
1 sleeping pill over the counter kinnd
1 pain killer the last one of the day

walk and drink a lot of water during the day
after the 8 day I am only taking 1 pain killer a day the night one , keep taking gas and stool softener and I can tell you I feel better every day, some time the pains are caused by gas and BM I found the more discipline I am about taking care of gas and stool issues my life has been easier lately. Talk to your Dr about it
good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register