Scheduled dVH/RALH Feeling Sad | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Feeling Sad

Hey Ladies~ I'm having a very hard dealing with the fact that after aug16th I will never be able to have another baby! I am a mother for 2 amazing kids but I wanted to have that huge family....I am very grateful that I was blessed with not 1 but 2 miracles! I'm only 30! Does anyone else feel like this? It really hit me last night after my son turned 10 and knowing my other baby will be 5 on the 17th....all my friends are pregnant :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Re: Feeling Sad

Hugs Lindsay, this surgery is very tough on us. I was not blessed with children and also am past childbearing years when I faced this, I'm 45. But I can tell you, it devastated me. And truthfully that made no sense, but I still felt awful. I had a very kind friend say to me and it helped a lot. She told me that I've touched so many lives over the years and made a difference and that probably would not have happened with children to care for. I know it doesn't help your dreams of a large brood, but maybe look at this as life having a new plan and direction for you that is needed. This surgery is for your long term health and you will always have your little miracles, so also look at it as you doing it for them too. You'll be there and active in their lives and their children's lives. Hugs sweety, yes youre young, but I bet there is something grand waiting for you on the other side.
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:55 PM

I have been feeling the same way the past week and honestly, hubby and I decided not to have anymore children and I had my tubes tied after our son who is now 5 years old. I was fine with it until last week. I guess with it being so final, it really hit me. My hubby too! But I know it's for the best and my 2 are 10 years apart, and both are very active in athletics and school activities so i try to focus on all of the wonderful events I wont have to miss out on due to heavy periods and pain. As hard as it might be, try to focus on the good things that will come from the surgery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2013, 03:07 PM

Thank You for your encouraging words (((hug))) that's how I look at it too...we have family history w ovarian and uterine ca...at this time cancer cell are in my uterus and last appt dr saw free fluid(not really sure what that means) my children are my world and yes I'm very blessed w them <3 I guess I just needed to hear it out of another sisters mouth lol! Thank you again
Unread 08-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Hugs Myra23.....yes it is final and that's the part that's getting me too! I was told after my daughter I wasn't able to and we never tried again..I was scared since I had lost a baby before my daughter! I believe all thing happen for a reason and you myself and all the others will come out on top!!!
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:47 PM

I can relate lindseymarie. I had a god awful pregnancy with complications and issues with a complication after c section too. Despite all that I wanted just one more for a long time however....I have lots of health issues and
Also the female health issues I have increase my risk of carrying healthy or to term. I am frankly too afraid to suffer again. ..however that didn't change that I cried more than once over fact that I don't feel I had much of a choice. But I could have done it again. I now choose to look at this as I am choosing to be the best and healthiest mommy for my little girl I can be. Honestly I would be more worried about dying of a pregnancy issue than my hyst....tho that hasn't stopped me from worrying about THAT.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register