Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Unread 08-18-2010, 06:31 AM
Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

More winners of the cupcake badge (our prize for random drawings from participating in this thread!)

What do YOU love about HysterSisters? Share it here for a chance to win!

japennington
wapspotapprider
juliephone40
peppercat
canadianlady
Belja
Kmg47

Congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2010, 08:16 AM

happy birthday, hystersis!!

twelve years strong, and there's so much to love...

9. instant email notification!! whether i post a question, update my recovery progress, or contribute my two-cents humble-opinion to someone else's concern...i don't have to guess what's happening or if anyone out there is listening! hystersisters.com has provided decent user-controls so i can moderate my email notifications. makes it so easy to check-in, especially when time is limited or there is an urgent need for helpful info. and in the process, hystersis keeps track of all my posts, all my thread subscriptions, and all my -- oops! -- i mean, up to 50 private messages (wish my outlook had this kind of accountability for dealing with old email, haha!). technically-speaking, the website is user-friendly and well-organized. you don't have to be a geek to get up to speed with posting or learning your way around the forums, finding support. that's incredibly helpful, given women of all ages and degrees of computer-savvy come to this website with enough challenges already on their plate.

thank you hystersisters.com for making an awesome, supportive network that even i can use!!
Unread 08-18-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
More winners of the cupcake badge (our prize for random drawings from participating in this thread!)

What do YOU love about HysterSisters? Share it here for a chance to win!

japennington
wapspotapprider
juliephone40
peppercat
canadianlady
Belja
Kmg47

Congrats!
Congrats, ladies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2010, 05:45 PM

I love that, in addition to all the hysterectomy talk, there are many aspects of life up for discussion here -- from health, to food, to fun, and beyond! It really helps create that sense of family/community and provides a nice, safe place to spend a bunch of time.

Thanks, HysterSisters!
Unread 08-18-2010, 05:54 PM

I love Hystersisters for many reasons. No one understands better than those who have "been there, done that", and this site allows countless women all over the world an opportunity to come together to help one another. I especially love the fact that I can seek out information about topics that are of particular interest to me, such as borderline ovarian cancer and lymphedema, and instantly find others who have walked the walk. When I'm feeling alone and reluctant to share my deepest concerns with my husband, my sisters are always there, and it feels as though I have a protective circle of love and support all around. I very much appreciate the friends I've never met, and whether you are one who posts frequently or one who never does, you can learn from and enjoy this site. Finally, I love the fact that we can all rest assured that we are not alone. Hugs and best wishes to all who are reading these words. :
Unread 08-18-2010, 09:17 PM

I love hystersisters for several reasons. I am a younger hysterectomy patient (36) and was looking for information prior to my surgery 8/10/10 and found this site. I was so happy to see a place where women can come together to get helpful information and best of all loving support. I agree with an earlier post that it's wonderful to not worry about being embarrassed by asking a question. I thank the creator of this site and anyone who's helped along the way to give us such a great place! i plan on mentioning it to my doctor on August 30th when i go for my checkup
Unread 08-21-2010, 08:48 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HYSTERSISTERS!

What I love about this site is the helpful advice that is given to help you realize that you are not alone. That helps with recovery still today for me being 6 months post op. Thank you to this site for that!
Unread 08-21-2010, 10:50 PM

happy 12th b-day hystersisters.com!

how do love thee? lemme continue counting down the ways...

8. someone’s always here! 24/7, all year round, no matter what the date of your surgery. not to mention the invitations and opportunities for live chats (given the right technology, you don't even need to crawl out of bed for this fun!), the sending of private messages, the continually updated "new posts," and the chance to find comfort, consolation and confidence around the clock -- literally!! hystersisters.com is the antidote to isolation at a time when you truly need to be surrounded with support! (...and, btw, i'm posting this after midnight, when i really should be in bed...)

7. someone somewhere can relate – the connections are worldwide at hystersisters.com, but this website is truly all-inclusive when it comes to reproductive system trouble-shooting!

6. no topic is off limits provided it’s handled with decent discretion and choice words (or elimination of the same, LOL!) hystersisters.com is THE place to ask ANY question, even the stuff you might by shy about asking your doc, mother, or BFF! ESPECIALLY the stuff you're shy about asking your doc, mother or BFF!!!!
Unread 08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Thumbs up - Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters? Re: Birthday Contest August 2010 - What do you love about HysterSisters?

Happy Birthday, HysterSisters!!!

I love the warm caring and support but more than that, I love that I can help
someone else. I came here yesterday, for the first time, weepy and sad, in need of some kind words, and then saw someone else asking about something I'd already been through. So I answered and helped another person, who said I gave her hope! That's what I believe it is all about and I am so grateful that you are here for all of us!!!

God bless everyone here! (I wish I knew how to get more emoticons — I can only do the smiley!)(Yay! Just found some!)

Anyway, HUGS to all!!!

~WendyWeb
Unread 08-22-2010, 04:56 PM

I love knowing that after my surgery, there will be a place/thread waiting for me full of other people who've also had surgery. Obviously everybody and every body is different and won't react and respond to things in the very same way, but it's a comfort to know that people who are in the same boat as me, both surgery-wise and recovery/time-wise can hunker down together to commiserate and get better. To not feel alone, and to feel that sense of support and comradery, is a true gift.

Hooray for HysterSisters!!!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register