Rollar Coaster Ride | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rollar Coaster Ride Rollar Coaster Ride

Unread 03-08-2005, 07:25 PM
Rollar Coaster Ride

Im new here. This is my first time posting. Im on an emotional rollar coaster right now. one minute im totally excited and ready to go. the next im scared to death. what if i have problems after, who is gonna do the laundry, clean the liter box...

Im a 40 year old single mom with 2 teenagers 14 and 16. Their father has decided they are old enough to stay home alone while im in the hospital. ( i think its his new lawyer wife that has never had kids that made that decison) im going in monday the 14th and if everything goes well ill come home on wednesday ( if i can find someone to bring me home). my honey lives and works an hour away - said he could get me there but cant get me home. anyway im scared to death about them staying here alone. they are my babies. too young to be alone for 2 nites. ill never get any sleep this way. and who is gonna take care of me? who is gonna feed the cats? im gonna board the puppy for a few days. i have a new baby - a choc lab. shes 3 months old and getting hugh! and im afraid that if i dont board her - ill wake up to poo all over the apartment. my kids have a fear of poo. wont touch it. and who is gonna clean out the liter box? am i being silly?
but right now this is all i can think about. im hoping the pain isnt too bad. have had 3 d&c - 2 for miscarriages and 1 for heavy bleeding. have had laperascopy, a tubal, and 2 c-sections and ablation. so it cant be worse that that right?

anyway i hoping im doing the right thing. but what if i come out worse than i was when i went in. but im so tired of the pain and the bleeding. its time to be done with it. i have lasted longer than anyone in my family has. so I WIN!! lets get it out.

thanks for listening. i needed to vent. no one seems to want to listen to me..... thanks i needed that!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Rollar Coaster Ride

Vent on, sister! I know the feeling, I am alone with a 6 year old. My son's Dad will watch him while I'm in the hospital, but will give him right back as soon as I get out. Yeah, how will I feed the cats??

I know your teenagers are a little older... sometimes they can surprise you, you know? They can come through for you, but you have to make sure they know how much you need them. And !@#@ on your ex and his new wife. How dare him, let his daughters stay alone when Mom's in the hospital. Not that I don't think they can handle it at their age, but he SHOULD BE MORE SENSITIVE THAN THAT :burning: (yes, I'm yelling). Sorry about that...

What about them staying with a friend's family? Are there any of their friend's families that could watch over them while you are in the hospital?

Best of luck, and warm hugs,
Lisa
Unread 03-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Rollar Coaster Ride

Hi rebecah278!

Your fears and concerns sound like those described many times on this site by women facing surgery. How in the world will you ever manage? Well, you will somehow! The early post-op time probably won't be a highlight of your life, but you'll get through it!

Soon you will be headed to the castle to begin your journey to better health. I'm sending positive thoughts your way for a successful surgery and uncomplicated recovery!

Manys and Best Wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Rollar Coaster Ride

thanks so much!!!! i know everything will be ok. just needed to vent. but actually in alone in this... always have been... no family around to really help. my sister is local but has her own kids and own problems, ( she is having a breat biopsy tommorow. and she said they could come stay with her. but i just wouldnt feel right... she has so many kids problems of her own and to have to worry about getting mine to 2 seperate schools... i couldnt do that to her.) i guess i have always been the type to not dump my kids on anyone. they are my resposibilty. i just dont understand why the ex wont keep them. must be the wife.
we will make it somehow. ive made it thru all my other surgeries. ill make it thru this one. i
just ordered myself the deluxe princess package. hope it gets here before i go!!!! that will make me feel better. getting present in the mail!!! no better way to go!!

thanks again!! yall are great!!(yes im from alabama - i can say yall and get away with it)
Unread 03-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Rollar Coaster Ride

Hi!

I'm sorry you are going through this pretty much alone and I hope your sister's biopsy goes well and is benign. I know you are worried about your kids, I understand. I'm sure they will be fine and will take care of you.

I will keep you in my prayers that everything works out for you! Enjoy your deluxe princess package and I hope it gets there before your surgery! You will love it!

By the way, I'm a native of Alabama and I say ya'll, too!

Best wishes!

s

Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register