Awaiting (hopefully last) period | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Awaiting (hopefully last) period Awaiting (hopefully last) period

Unread 03-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Awaiting (hopefully last) period

Hello everyone.
This is my first day "here". I'm scheduled for surgery on 4/03/06 and any day now, I'll start what I hope is my last preiod. I've had a very painful last couple of days, so I'm more ready than ever to get the show on the road.
I've just started reading some of the posts but so far feel very encouraged by the stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 09:51 AM

I will have one more period before my surgery.I keep thinking,no more periods.How nice.Good luck with your surgery.Take care.
Unread 03-14-2006, 10:09 AM

I should start any day. I am moody, tired, headachy, crampy,and eating chocolate like my life depends on it, but...that doesn't mean it will happen, my mutinous uterus does what it wants, and I never know what to expect, its like a nasty little surprise every few weeks.

Surgery 3 weeks away and counting....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 10:14 AM
Adios Aunt Flo

I had a cone biopsy Feb14 & have been bleeding since. It stopped like 3 weeks in and then started heavy.....my Dr thinks it was Aunto Flo. I think it was too B/c it started again almost 7 days ago. So that was my last one awwwwww tear! Tears of Joy for me!! Barbie
Unread 03-14-2006, 10:18 AM

I will have one more too.....think we should have a ceremony? Burn all those sheets and underwear?
Unread 03-14-2006, 10:30 AM

I've offered to donate my unused tampons and pantiliners, as well as my remaining packs of birth control pills, to the girls I work with...lol...I keep thinking I should have my last period any day now, too. Last month at this time, I was already spotting, though, so maybe I won't be bleeding for the last 10 days before surgery. I am thrilled beyond belief that after this I'll not be "under construction" half (or more) of the month!!!
Unread 03-14-2006, 10:50 AM

Took my last pill on Saturday! Aunt flo should be here anytime now. Planning to have a nice going away party for her.

2 weeks to go and counting!
Unread 03-14-2006, 11:00 AM

Thank you all for making me smile and feel welcome. I also had the same thought about underwear and sheets! Throw out the old and bring in the new (after recovery, that is). I've mostly been thinking about my ongoing gyn problems and making an informed choice regarding surgical options that as I could feel symptoms from this period come on - it dawned on me that it should be my last. I've been so focused on the surgery and recovery, I lost sight of the added benefits ( no more periods, no more gushing and leaking not to mention pain, throbbing, aching...you all know
OK now how do I get what surgery I'm having under my message?
Unread 03-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Adios Aunto Flow Party

Hey Clamenza you edit in your signature. Goto Quick links and then edit signature. My DS said we should throw you a AAFP(see above)LOL!! I've already gave my tampons away! But ladies i'm almost sure that the minute I get home from the castle my DD will start hers LOL!! She was told me last night she had cramps.....and soooooo moody!! UGHH !!!! Well atleast I'll just have to buy mini pads instaed of SUPER-PLUS OVERNIGHT MAXIS... LOL!! Barbie

ADIOS AUNT FLOW
Unread 03-14-2006, 12:24 PM

I too am awaiting Aunt Flo's last visit. I should have had it by now. Now sure where she is but was hoping it would have come and gone before my surgery next wednesday. Have a huge ovarian cyst on the right side so maybe that is the reason for the delay this month? bad thing is hubby is out of town on business so we might not be able to do the deed before surgery and then the 6 week recovery period. ugh! Hugs Raymo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register