So low and depressed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So low and depressed So low and depressed

Unread 01-15-2014, 06:57 AM
So low and depressed

Hi evryone
Sorry to bother you all. I'll be at my 6 weeks on Friday, recovery has gon smoothly, nothing really bad, i'm on HRT patches and have been since day 4 of my op, but my problem is I just feel so low, angry, irritable, tearful. Am I depressed ?, is it what happen in the menopause?, is it normal? Friends and family just say snap out of it I'm just feeling sorry for myself now I'm not getting all the attention, and can do things myself. I've always been a giver and not a receiver, so I hated being waited on, and they all knew it and would be forever telling me to sit down.

Just wondered if there was anything else I could take or do to lift my mood that was all. I dont see my dr until the 27th so frightened to do any excercise until I get the all clear

Sorry if I'm bringing anyone else down with a negative vibe, I do try to post up beat things here, and try to give encouragement to other, but I guess like many if truth be told, cant take my own advise lol

Love you all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Re: So low and depressed

Hey there misswings64, please know you are not bothering us or bringing anyone down with negative vibes, we are all here for all and especially when you are feeling down and need perking up. As so often said here, this surgery is a toughie, physically and emotionally. I know the weather stinks at the moment here in blighty (grey, misty, cold) but i try and get outside everyday and get an external stimulus, listening to the birds etc to lift my mood. Walking is also very very important to my mental health. It could well be that your HRT needs adjusting a bit or maybe a light anti-depressant just to tide you over the worst? I am sending positive vibes to you, keep interacting with this site as you are never far away from a cyber hug.
Unread 01-15-2014, 08:24 AM

(((Hug))) we are here for you...all of us are in the same boat...if that is a consolation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2014, 09:32 AM

Thank you all
Unread 01-15-2014, 11:35 AM

I am glad I am not alone I feel the same way. They will not give me the HRT therapy and the menopause has hit me hard. I am only 3 weeks post op and feel like such a cry baby lol i will just start crying for no reason at all. Has anyone had any luck with anti depressants because I am seriously thinking about giving them a try.
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:44 PM

Long Distance HUGS. This can be hard physically and emotionally and mentally. Every one is different and has different reactions. I don't know if this will help but here goes. At 51 I haven't been blessed with children (step-children though). It is still a grieving process. WE have lost something that makes us ladies and well who we are. I think we can be weepy and sad and emotional. Just be watchful and take care of yourself.

I wasn't really given a choice about not taking HRT. I am on two pills so the endo doesn't react to just the estrogen. Except for an adjustment period, that has been a positive event.

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY HEALING.
Unread 01-15-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljones View Post
Long Distance HUGS. This can be hard physically and emotionally and mentally. Every one is different and has different reactions. I don't know if this will help but here goes. At 51 I haven't been blessed with children (step-children though). It is still a grieving process. WE have lost something that makes us ladies and well who we are. I think we can be weepy and sad and emotional. Just be watchful and take care of yourself.

I wasn't really given a choice about not taking HRT. I am on two pills so the endo doesn't react to just the estrogen. Except for an adjustment period, that has been a positive event.

GOOD LUCK and HAPPY HEALING.
Thanks for that, my story is the same in someways, couldn't have my own children, got 3 stepson's (but not close) I feel cheated that I could'nt have them because endo made me infertile, years of putting up with pain and erratic periods and finally TAH at 49. I blessed that other than that I'm in good health, but i'd have made a great mum!! I'm on patches that give a dosage of both E&P, which like you have been told I need, guess it just takes a while to kick in, tell you in the next life i'm coming back as a man, and stinking rich lol!!!

Take care, thanks for careringx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register