Princess sad - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Princess sad

My doc told me it was up to me to keep my cervix. he said he prefers to take it, I trust his opinion and went with his suggestion, although I have some anxiety about it, but I did alot of research on it and also had this site full of info.

I would say if you really don't want your cervix removed, and you trust your doc who wants to do the surgery then tell her/him NO do not take my cervix. You are the patient, they work for you, so they have to respect your wishes. If there is no cancer history in your family and pap smears normal, seems like no reason to take it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Princess sad

Connie and GFae, yes I too am agreeing with my doc now that I have had time to share and read all your input. I am at peace. It needs to go to avoid any future possibilities of other issues. I have MS, and while this female stuff is an uncomfortable blip on my screen, MS is permanent, disabling disease the worsens with things like this. I absolutely MUST do all I can to prevent future issues because the price for going through this even once can be fairly steep in terms of health for me. thank you all!
Hugs !
BB
Unread 09-10-2006, 05:06 AM
Princess sad

The worry of surgery is hard enough to deal with, and then add on top of that all the other decisions! It just makes everything so complicated. Keep this . . .take that. . .We all go through this.
I had a hard choice to make. I worked for 22 yrs in a major hospital. I knew everyone. I loved my GYN (also a good friend). Only problem, I had moved 8 hours away when I realized I had to deal with my fibroids.
I had to decide. . . do I go home where I knew and trusted everyone or establish a new DR and have surgery right near where I live? Having surgery where I lived would be easier on my family. It was a long decision (over a year) and then I decided to go with where I lived and I was so happy with my decision. My DR's and hopital staff here were loving and caring. Had excellent care.

My .
Take your time making your decision.
God has a way of letting us know which path is the right path.
Go with who you trust most. You have invested in your relationships with your DR's. They only want what's best for you and they care about you.
And most importantly . . .go with what's in your heart. God speaks to us through our instincts. Listen to them.

Best of luck and many blessings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register