Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 21-Aug 27,2017 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 21-Aug 27,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 21-Aug 27,2017

Unread 08-21-2017, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 21-Aug 27,2017

If your hysterectomy was between Aug 21-Aug 27,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Day 2

At 6:00 am on Aug 21st, I underwent a total laparoscopic hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy. My surgery went well with no complications, 2 hrs surgery. They did find endometriosis which was not discovered before. That explains a lot of my symptoms of intense cramping, lower back pain, spotting, prolonged periods, heavy bleeding and fatigue. I'm so glad that I decided to have this procedure done. The most difficult was vomiting after anthesia wore off but the nausea medication helped. The ice chips and water made me feel better too. By the evening time, I was able to tolerate solid food. My mother stayed the night with me which made me feel more at ease and safe. At 6:00 pm, I was up and walking around with very minimal pain just more of a soreness around my abdominal area and gas pains were tolerable. I had the worse burping for about two hours after I came to. Day 2, my doctors came to check on at 6:00 am and ordered the discharge. At 9:30 am, I was being discharged and at home. Next follow up is Sep 6th. So far, so good. Oh, vaginal bleeding is very minimal, just light spotting. I wish everyone the best. Let others help you.
Unread 08-22-2017, 10:57 PM

Hello everyone - thinking of you all! Underwent surgery on 8/21 at 7:00 am. I had a robotic surgery to remove uterus and Fallopian tubes, ovaries remain. My condition was post ablation syndrome and the pain was brutal. So happy to have this procedure done. Had some difficulty urinating so had a catheter for the first time but was able to go after. Was released this morning, doing some walking and lots of water. Currently struggling with the gas which is causing pain in stomach and shoulder area. My mother came into town to help my husband with the kids - and to spoil me looking forward to hearing from everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2017, 05:35 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 21-Aug 27,2017

Msladifaithful and Lfwilliams!

Glad to see y'all are home AND that you've found your Recovery Thread already. You’ll be able to share your progress and laugh and cry together as you support one another along the way - you're already off to a wonderful start. I'll be walking alongside you in your recovery journey, sharing my own experiences and pointing you to resources we have here.

Healing is your #1 priority. This was major surgery and healing takes place inside as well as outside. You’re still your doctor’s patient until you’re released, and even then, healing will continue.

Get plenty of rest
Drink plenty of water
Walk as you are able (even from your cozy spot to the bathroom and back helps)
Take your pain meds as directed

There will be things you cannot and must not do at first , you may experience gas, bowel issues, aches and pains, and your emotions might swing at the drop of a hankie.

And when you’re confused , it’s okay to ask questions, and we welcome you to discuss whatever is on your mind. You are not alone!

The gas? Some Sisters find GasX-type products help with digestive gas, walking also helps. If you're having shoulder pain from the gas used in laparoscopic surgery, a heating pad may do the trick.

For now, rest – and rest well! I'll be checking on you throughout the days and weeks ahead!

Unread 08-23-2017, 02:11 PM

Hello everyone, I went in for my hysterectomy on 8/21/17 at 12:15 pm (yep slept through the eclipse), I was very nervous but was in and out in an hour and a half. My doctor said that it was great and everything went extremely well. My first day in recovery was tough because I had a lot going on, I was anemic, and in a lot of pain. My nursing staff got right on it with my doctor and made sure that I was in the best care EVER! Everyone surrounded me with care and my doctor kept calling to check on me, I seriously felt like a Princess. By day two the pain was under control and I was comfortable. I was released today and am feeling really good. They made sure I had everything I needed before I left and now I'm home relaxing. I stressed myself out about this surgery and it really was a breeze. It was also worth it, I can't wait until I am back at 100% but will take things slow and keep everyone posted. Thank you all for the prayers, love, and support!
Unread 08-23-2017, 11:27 PM

Almost 24 hours post op! I haven't seen my surgeon since before my surgery, so I'm kind of still wondering what was taken and what stayed! I guess I'll find out in the morning. From registering in the hospital to getting in the back to set up iv change into gown and meeting with the surgeon and anesthesiologists took less than hour, just enough time for DH to drop kids off at school and be at my side before they took me back! I got there at 7:15 and in the operating room by 8:00. I made it to recovery around 9:30. I was in so much pain! I was awake and had my intubation tube removed, I had pain meds, nausea meds, we went through this for hours until I was so uncomfortable I was crying and the fact that I couldn't see my DH was making it worse! Finally they got the pain meds right and nausea was at bay. I didn't get to see my DH til after 12:30. Seeing him immediately made me feel great, loopy, but great. I only got to see him for like 10 minutes before they made him leave. I was finally in my room around 2. Not so much pain but a lot of pressure in my vagina when I sit to pee, but I'm peeing on my own so I'm okay with some pressure! So, so far so good! Pain is subsiding and my bleeding after surgery so far is very minimal if any. I haven't seen little spots of blood for years, so this makes me happy!!!
Unread 08-24-2017, 05:51 AM

ShaunC and Gingerninja ! Glad you found us in your Recovery Thread!

ShaunC, I also felt the days before surgery were more stressful than the surgery itself.

Gingerninja, I don't even remember my husband coming into my room and fixing me a cup of coffee!

Lfwilliams, how's the gas today?

Msladifaithful, is your mom staying with you to help you out?

Unread 08-24-2017, 06:01 AM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 21-Aug 27,2017 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 21-Aug 27,2017

Good Morning Ladies!

I have been thinking of you all this past week and hope your surgeries and recoveries are well.

Almost 24 hours post-op for me. I had a daVinci assisted total hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo oophorectomy for a diagnosis of endocervical adenocarcinoma in situ with exposure to DES on 8/23. My surgeon said that everything went smoothly and he is confident that the cancer was indeed all just in one small area and that area has been excised.

The entire surgical and care team came through my room both before and after surgery to check on me and, of course, my boyfriend and mom were allowed to come back about 90 minutes after surgery, once I had woken up.

I was also asked to volunteer a sample of my blood for research (I was at the University of Minnesota Hospital and they are a teaching hospital). Apparently my diagnosis is something that someone there is specifically researching, so hopefully I can help someone in the future not have to deal with this!

I was home by 2:30 yesterday afternoon and haven't had to deal with pain at all, mostly just a little discomfort around the incisions and from the gas. Spent most of the day sleeping once I got home. But didn't have any trouble moving around the house a bit or even going up the stairs to the bedroom.

Overnight wasn't too bad, I slept with a body pillow to keep me from rolling onto my stomach, which is my normal sleeping position. I only woke up once in the night to adjust my position and noticed there was a bit more tenderness in my stomach so I took another pain pill and went back to sleep.

The only odd thing is that my sweet lab puppy is a little freaked out - I suppose maybe I smell different to him now. He stays near me but doesn't want to play like usual. I'm sure he's worried about "mama".

So far so good! Now the only thing I have to watch is the small vaginal cyst that they spotted in the MRI. Apparently exposure to DES predisposes me to a rare type of serous or clear cell vaginal cancer. The surgeon said everything looked normal right now and that we will monitor it so I'm not going to worry about that right now!
Unread 08-24-2017, 03:44 PM

Hi dear Histersisters

I went in on the 22 of August 2017 for a Total Abdominal Histerctomy and after 2 days I am home with my husband and kitties!
I am doing well and the pain is managable.

The staff was amazed at how frisky I am and to be quite honest I am too.

Thank the higher powers for brilliant doctors!

Love from Miss Siamese
Unread 08-24-2017, 03:50 PM

I'm home! After spending the night I'm finally home! My pain is still minimal but I have more pressure than anything! I started stool softeners this morning so when things want to start moving they move without me pushing and tearing. Fingers crossed! I had a lot of fluids while in recovery and I've noticed swelling in my feet and knees and some numbness in my left leg, I've been up trying to walk as much as possible. Is this normal?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register