the black hole | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the black hole the black hole

Unread 02-23-2004, 08:50 PM
the black hole

What falls into the big black hole once they remove things?? It sounds weird to me that they can remove uterus and ovaries and not put like a big ole' sponge in there to hold things up??? Do you feel things fall into the hole the first time you stand up? And if it is my bladder does that mean I'll have to pee more often or less often. I know these are dumb questions...just curious.
Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 11:02 PM
the black hole

I really dont know .. but I dontfeel as though there is a sace in me .. I feel as filled up as I ever was LOL . Dont worry .. it should be ok .mei
Unread 02-23-2004, 11:04 PM
the black hole

things settle down the first week or so after surgery..some women say they can feel things settling,others dont really notice...i felt a bit odd in my lower abdomen for a week or so, though i really didnt feel things settle in to place...i cant quite explain the feeling...i guess you'll soon be experiencing your own unique recovery feelings, then you can post and share how things felt with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2004, 11:26 PM
the black hole

I had my surgery almost 5mo. ago and I have never felt "the black hole" effect! At first things did feel "differant" in the abdominal area. Everything is so swollen from the surgery itself and with issues of gas,constipation....things did feel differant. In my experience, I did not notice anything feeling bad with intercourse.

Here is a link to a response from ((((Shashi)))) about anatomy feeling differant! I think it is a cool explanation in lay-terms!http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=115670

Best of luck to you!
's,
Ronda
Unread 02-24-2004, 06:14 AM
the black hole

Thanks for asking as I was wondering the same thing. As we all become more active I am sure we will ease into our newly shifted around bodies. TAke care.
Unread 02-24-2004, 04:21 PM
the black hole

Those organs on their own are not that big, my first thought was a small frog from biology class. So if you have large fibroids and stuff taking up space, everything gets to go back to it's original location.

I had a brain tumor removed, golf ball size, and had the same question. Was told other parts get compressed because of the foreign bodies such as this. So after the foreign pieces are removed, slowly everything else goes back in place. No holes.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register