Best Wishes to our May 11 Princesses | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Best Wishes to our May 11 Princesses Best Wishes to our May 11 Princesses

Unread 05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Best Wishes to our May 11 Princesses

Wishing the Best in Surgery and Recovery to

Wombat56

Don't forget to pamper the princess!

We will see you on the Post-Op Forum when you are home.

Note: We've created a thread for you in the post-op forum based on your hysterectomy date for you to update your progress. However, if you have a question or need for support, be sure and post your own thread to receive support replies.

Another important note: Be a part of our circle of support! Please plan to return to the pre-op forum to answer questions for our pre-op sisters! The pre-op gals need your experience to help them as they plan for their upcoming surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2013, 06:32 AM
Re: Best Wishes to our May 11 Princesses

I seem to be the only one having surgery on the 11th. Yes, it is a Saturday, but this is when my surgeon operates. I was looking forward to having some buddies having their hyster on the same day.
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:17 PM

I am the day before (tomorrow ack!!) But I would be happy to be your near hyster buddy :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM

Thanks Deuxtrouble
Because I am in Australia, our ops might be almost at the same time, given the time differences.
All the best for tomorrow.
Today I have to do the bowel prep, to get ready for tomorrow (Saturday). It is weird with the time differences.
Do you know whether you are morning or afternoon? I think mine is going to be early in the morning.
Good luck!
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM

I have to be at the hospital at 6 but my surgery is at 8:30 am. No bowel prep. We really might be at the same time lol. I am pretty nervous but have been bleeding since the end of March and ready for it to be gone. Good luck to you and we'll talk tomorrow when it's all done.

I have to go find it but what is TLH...I know I saw it somewhere lol
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:42 PM

TLH is total laparoscopy hysterectomy. I think the difference between mine and yours, is the surgeon brings everything out through one of the holes, instead of through the vagina. I asked him, how does it fit through a little hole, and he said I just does!

Lucky you not having to do bowel prep. I take the first sachet in an hour and twenty minutes! Bleh
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:51 PM

Got it! I wonder what the reasoning is for through the incision or through the vagina. The only things i had to do were a pregnancy test yesterday and tomorrow i have to use the surgical scrub they gave me.

HOw are you feeling?
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:23 PM

Yep, I have to do the surgical wash thing too. And if I have to be at the hospital around 6am ( will find out later if this is the case), then I will need to do that around 5 am! That is too early for me

I am 57, and single, so there was absolutely no need to do a pregnancy test. How old are you?

I really don't want to have this surgery, and am not looking forward to it. But I have chronic illnesses, and one that is caused by a malfunctioning immune system. Gyny wise, I have endometrial hyperplasia, probably benign, and the local doctor/GP/PCP wonders if that is enough to put my immune system out of order and not able to fight infections properly.

Have had a number of hospitalizations, surgeries and other procedures in the last few years, so am sick of hospitals, doctors, pain etc. So, I am nervous and really don't want to go through it, but I have been told, I really have to have it.

What about you?
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:34 PM

Wow. I am 43. Rule here is if you are under 50 and have a uterus you get a pregnancy test. My husband has a vasectomy but we are just recently separated. I am actually staying with my best friend while recovering.

I have had issues for a while. Light period then heavy and then horrible. They last forever and the pain is horrendous at times. Had a biopsy end of March and no news was good news. I think I have been bleeding now for 44 days.

My uterus is big 18mm and I will probably lose one ovary due to the large cyst.

I have never had surgery or been put under so I am so scared of that. Terrified I wont wake up which I am able to talk myself down from but I also keep thinking what if I feel everything but can't say anything. Sigh

You will have to tell me all about your surgery tomorrow. (Or when you are able!)
Unread 05-09-2013, 05:42 PM

Good luck!

I reckon the anaesthetists will have you nicely asleep during the surgery, then in recovery they will wake you up, even if they have to keep saying your name til you are awake!

I see you are in Canada. How long will you be in hospital (the castle!) for? My doc is saying three nights for me. It seems in the US, people are not in hospital for vey long. In Australia we seem to be able to stay in hospital longer. What about Canada?

And I look forward to hearing from you, after you are on the other side

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register