post op hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op hysterectomy post op hysterectomy

Unread 03-11-2003, 02:36 PM
post op hysterectomy

Hi everyone
I'm due for a my op 18.03.03 and I'm a little worried that I'm actually looking forward to it!!!!! I'm suffering with the joys of endometriosis (those lovely chocolate cyst men having a party in my abdomin) It is really strange can't understand why I'm so happy/high at the moment has anyone else felt like this if so what is the next emotion like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2003, 03:18 PM
post op hysterectomy

Hi!

From one endo suffered to another - I also was really looking forward to my TAH BSO! My DH came to the hospital with me and when they came to get me for my surgery and said "you're next" he just about fainted from panic and I just about ran to the O.R. with glee!

My first emotion after surgery (once I was enough out of the brain fog and barfing from anaesthetic) was pure relief. I was sore and swollen and bruised from the surgery itself, but all the pain I had had from endo was gone - really gone!

The whole surgery itself is quite emotional and the anaesthetic can do some weird stuff to how you feel - it also disrupts your sleep patterns. I went without any HRT for 3 weeks post op and had some days where I felt pretty blue and did some crying. I am now 7 weeks post-op and felling pretty darned good! No pain at all anymore, just a bit of swelly belly left. Emotions have evened out and I am ready to tackle whatever life throws at me!

I have absolutely no regrets.

I hope all goes really well for you - easy surgery and uneventful recovery. May you be pain free!

s,
Sandra
Unread 03-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Me too...

I will be going in for my SLH Thursday and I am actually jealous of a new friend that is getting hers today. In fact, she's probably home right now. I am also sitting here feeling the beginnings of my last period. Nauseous/pain/nervous. Instead of dread, I'm thinking "Ha Ha! Do your worst uterus. Your days are so numbered." It's like I'm glad I might be on my period!

After my pre-op testing tomorrow, SO and I are going to the Sushi Den. The party will actually begin tonight as SO is taking off the next three days to take care of me.

My birthday is the 16th and I consider this a great birthday present!

I know I will go through some pain and discomfort after the surgery but I also no it's days are numbered. Can't wait!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2003, 05:26 PM
post op hysterectomy

After 10 yrs of no life at all when I finally made the decision I was excited. Now 3 weeks post-op I just missed my first period and it feels great
Unread 03-11-2003, 05:55 PM
post op hysterectomy

I was so excited to have my TAH. I was smiling from ear to ear when the insurance pulled through 6 days before my castle visit. It was like being a kid again; all excited about going to a cool theme park or Christmas. I felt so out of place here though because most women are pertrified. I had a few concerns about the not knowing how it would all turn out; would my ovaries shut down ... would sex be the same...? but I trusted my heart and my I am happy to say that everything has turned out fantastic. Now I smile from ear to ear when I walk by the pads and tampons aisle at the store or when I briefly think to myself, Gee I haven't bled in awhile... Oh yeah, I don't do that anymore. I'm even more excited now!!!
Unread 03-11-2003, 06:29 PM
post op hysterectomy

I was so excited from day 1 of setting the date. I just couldn't wait. The day of doing the bowel prep was the only problem and that was because of doing the bowel prep. Well drinking the stuff and hours and hours and hours later, getting rid of the stuff.

Other than that I was SO anxious to go to the hospital and get it going. I guess I'm wierd. The thought of ending the pain and discomfort of the terrible period and the passing of the big clots was just exhilerating. Ok, I am wierd.

Blessings,
TC

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register