1 week post op | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post op 1 week post op

Unread 09-15-2005, 03:00 PM
1 week post op

Well, fellow sisters, I made 1 week post op yesterday. I am doing o.k. I am getting around pretty well. I haven't had any menopausal symptoms yet. The only pain I am feeling is the terrible gas pains. I mean sometimes they are so bad they bring me to my knees and literally bring me to tears most of the time. From what I am reading it is normal, but I am getting tired of it. Through this whole week that has been the only problem. I guess I need to be thankful for no complications, though. I am just so glad the surgery is behind me now. I am so happy knowing that I am on the road to recovery, no pain and no female problems. Just think ladies NO MORE PAIN!!!! I also want to tell everyone how much each of you mean to me. I don't know what I would do without you all. The support you all give is overwhelming and I thank God for each of you. I hope everything is going well for everyone and you are all still in my prayers. God bless and love you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2005, 03:04 PM
1 week post op

It sounds like you are healing well. I had a lot of gas pains. I asked the doctor and then used GasX when I needed it. It helped some. I also found that my short walks would really help with the gas. I'd do 15 to 20 minutes..3 or 4 times a day. Just slow and easy. This really helped me.
Take care!
's
Unread 09-15-2005, 03:06 PM
1 week post op

Hi FLANNELSISTER,

I am so happy that you came through surgery without any complications, but I am sorry you are having such severe gas pains. They can really be awful.

Make sure you are drinking lots of water, getting lots of rest and talking short . The walking and water can both help move the gas. Some women have had luck with Gas-X. Make sure that you do not overdo no matter how good you feel. You do need to give your body plenty of time to heal.

s,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-15-2005, 03:24 PM
1 week post op

So glad your doing good (besides the gas) isn't this site and these ladies the best!!!!!! I have a feeling your going to be a quick healer and be up and about in no time!!
Unread 09-15-2005, 03:38 PM
1 week post op

I'm so glad that your pain is gone, gone, gone!!! Hot tea and Gas-X worked wonders for my gas pains (and walking too).

Rhonda
Unread 09-15-2005, 04:53 PM
1 week post op

Glad it's all over for you, you can now look forward to a pain free future. yes the gas pains are terrible, I am 3 wks post op they do get better.
Walk around a little, drink plenty of water and what i found great was sucking on an Extra Strong Mint !!! Worked wonders!!!

All the best for your recovery it will be worth it.

Elaine x
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:06 PM
1 week post op

walking & gas-x... I'm a believer! Haven't had any gas pains since about a week post-op, been nice and regular and feeling like a million bucks!

Did I ever mention how much I looooove being a princess?
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:08 PM
1 week post op

Thank you guys so much for your replies. I will try the mint to see how it will do for me. Thanks for the advice. God bless!!!
Unread 09-15-2005, 08:10 PM
1 week post op

Flannelsister
It sounds like you are doing just great. The sisters are right, the walking helped me with the gas, also, peppermint tea really worked wonders...... I thought it did anyway, everyone else in the house wasnt so sure the tea was a good idea.....LOL
hugs, and happy healing.
snickers

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register