Went for My Pre-Op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Went for My Pre-Op Went for My Pre-Op

Unread 05-30-2002, 06:28 AM
Went for My Pre-Op

Hey there everyone!!!!

Went for my pre-op on Tuesday. Been sooooo busy that I haven't had a chance to post. Only orders are to not eat after midnight. The enema thing the Dr said is optional. She recommends it because it will help with the gas pains afterwards??? Any body know about this?

Otherwise everything is fine. Totally hectic. Trying to cook ahead, pack for myself and the boys (they are staying at a friends so that DH can be with me at hospital at all times), clean and we built a house in Sept. so we are landscaping, etc. Nerves are about shot, but from what I've read that is normal and everything will be better soon.

Thanks for everything.

and to all

Loretta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 06:42 AM
Hi Loretta,

Sounds like you've about got everything ready to go.

Best wishes on your surgery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. And don't worry, the waiting IS the hardest part.

s,

Lisa
Unread 05-30-2002, 06:52 AM
Went for My Pre-Op

I did not have an enema and I did not have any gas after surgery.The enema wasn't even discussed as an option, so I thought this was a thing of the past.

And actually, the no eating after midnight rule was dropped a few years ago, unless your surgery is very early AM. Many hospitals are still behind on the latest protocols in anesthesia, regarding drinking and eating rules, even though the new standards appeared in 1999. I would do what they say, especially if your surgery is early AM. For others, especially if your surgery is in the afternoon, I would ask the anestesiologist why they are not following the newer guidelines.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register