LAVH feeling guilty for having sex too soon. ..and worried | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling guilty for having sex too soon. ..and worried feeling guilty for having sex too soon. ..and worried

Unread 08-19-2016, 06:13 AM
feeling guilty for having sex too soon. ..and worried

I went for my 6 week post op checkup. She said everything looked fine. I had a little bit of spotting from the stitches on vaginal cuff when she swabbed it....and yeast infection (which I've never had problems with before) so i got some diflucan and cream...I've been cleared to resume bathing/swimming/exercise etc. She said to wait another week for sex and I didn't need to see her for a year unless something came up.

Well last night I got caught up in the moment ,since I was feeling better ,and had sex

This morning I'm crying. .not because it hurt.... but because now I feel guilty and worried. ...I'm 36,not 16

I don't have any spotting or dishcharge at all. No pain except a little vaginal irritation I'm assuming because yeast infection wasn't completely gone yet

So I'm hoping I didn't do any damage to the vaginal cuff since no pain or bleeding.

I'm terrified of infection and feel really stupid.

And I am surprised at all the different emotions I've been having from it.

So I'm going to watch for signs of infection. Not have sex again till next week..... but is there anything else I should be concerned about

My dr is out today so I don't want to call on call just to say "I had sex" unless I really needed to. ... that statement makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time right now. ... how could I be so immature. Ugh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2016, 06:23 AM
Re: feeling guilty for having sex too soon. ..and worried

You're not the first to have sex too soon, and you won't be the last. Given that you don't have any pain, any bleeding, swelling or the like, you're probably okay. The disclaimer is, like TV ads, I'm not a doctor .

You're doing the right thing, monitoring for signs that something is wrong. Thing is, something could go wrong even after your doc clears you for sex. And if you find out you do have an infection, antibiotics can be prescribed. (Ironically, antibiotics can contribute to a yeast infection since they also kill off the good bacteria. Ain't it great to be a woman?! )

So. You missed the mark by a few days. No after effects thus far, and you're watching for signs. Put the guilt past you. If you want to call your doctor Monday just for peace of mind, do so. If you need the peace of mind earlier... call anyway and talk to a nurse.
and
Unread 08-19-2016, 09:23 AM
Re: feeling guilty for having sex too soon. ..and worried

If you have a male partner, be sure that they monitor themselves for a yeast infection if yours was not fully treated when you had sex. Yeast infections can be passed back and forth between male and female partners because men don't always have obvious symptoms when they get a yeast infection.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register