Surgery in 3 days!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery in 3 days!! Surgery in 3 days!!

Unread 11-14-2003, 07:31 PM
Surgery in 3 days!!

Just letting everyone know how I am feeling right now. Run, chicken, run!!! Is that normal? On top of everything else I have a cold. The doctor said to continue to take a decongestant and show up Monday. Too many questions in my brain. Always have liked to picture in my mind the order in which everything will happen and the outcome but having a hard time with this one. My head hurts! Am I doing the right thing? Will things be better or worse? I think my husband thinks it is going to work miricles. I have my doubts. I am just being honest here. I suffer with adenomyosis and abnormal bleeding. My doctor says my uterus is just confused!!! I'm more confused than it is.Been fighting this battle for 11 years. I am 46 and know there will be no more kids. Do I keep my ovaries? One has a cyst. My doctor said it is up to me but if it were her she would not. Oh the agony of my brain!!!!I wish it were Tuesday morning and I didn't have to think about this any more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2003, 07:58 PM
Surgery in 3 days!!

Tuesday afternoon you are gonna be a new woman! this will be the best thing you have ever done.everyone gets nervous and has questions but after all is said and done a hysterectomy truly is wonderful. there is alot of tweaking right after but after a few months you will feel great. if i were you i would let them take it all.I wish i had had the choice. she left my left ovary and i think either i am or it is going crazy. at least on hormones they can regulate you.if you still have hormones drs.think everything is in your head.it is frustrating. but all in all i would still do it again tomorrow.i am just so happy to be through with the heavy bleeding. good luck.
Unread 11-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Surgery in 3 days!!

thanks for the encouraging words. I probably will let them take everything. I'm looking forward to that new woman! I have been bleeding now for 5 weeks. Enough said, right? Oh to wake up not bleeding! What a thought! Sure improves my outlook. I'm so tired I can't hold out in Walmart anymore. Now that's a trajedy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2003, 08:33 PM
BEST of luck!!

Heres to a good surgery & quick healing time!!! I just had my tvh on the 10th & Im already a new woman...Im not 100% but I do feel 100% better, so I think that counts...

I was a big chicken b4 I had my surgery & I went thru w/ it & I cant imagine having to go thru all the pain I was having for as long as I did! I could almost kick myself!!!!

I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers!
Unread 11-15-2003, 04:09 PM
Surgery in 3 days!!

Thanks bruisin for your support. As I said the new woman in me is dying to come out! Been really sick. Coughing alot but the doc said come on in anyway. One more day at home then off to the castle.I'm really ready. I would like to see what it is like not to bleed for a while.
Unread 11-15-2003, 06:30 PM
Surgery in 3 days!!

Good luck to you on Monday. It is normal to be nervous before you have surgery. I was very nervous, but also very excited to be getting my life back. Adenomyosis caused me so much back pain. It has been 4 months since my surgery and I am feeling so much better. Having a hysterectomy was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Take good care of yourself.
Unread 11-16-2003, 03:05 PM
Surgery in 3 days!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I never realized all the symptoms of what I have until I started reading up on it. Back pain..yes. Leg pain and upset stomach. Pain in pelvic area .shooting pain in ovaries. I SURE won't miss any of these. My surgery is in the morning! Nervous as cat in a room full of rocking chairs but trusting the Lord thru it all. Glad to here you are doing so well. Pray that I will do the same.I think I am going to let my doc take my ovaries. They weren't operating all that great in my opinion or I wouldn't be in the mess I am in right now. Been taking hormones to help them out for 11 years. So why keep them. 11 o'clock tomorrow can't get here quick enough for me. No coffee in the morning will be rough and How do you give yourself and enema? Don't won't to ask my dh to do that. Oh,well....I'll figure it out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register